One Connect connections issue with AV receiver

papoti

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am at a loss... I have a Samsung Frame 2021 with a One Connect box. I have a second video output, an Epson TW3600 projector. The AV receiver is the Sony STR-DN 1080.

Video inputs are:
  • game console
  • bluray player
  • VHS player

What would be the best cable setup in order to either use the Samsung Frame or the projector to, say, watch a film from a bluray disk or play on the console, using the Sony amp for the sound (and video connections) ?

Many thanks for any advice!

I'd do the following:

1x HDMI from AVR ARC OUT ➡️ TV HDMI ARC

ALL sources (Games console*, Bluray player etc) into the AVR.

*If the console's a PS5 or XBox One X, plug this into the HDMI marked "game" on the Samsung Frame (instead of the AVR).

Your projector would connect to the second HDMI out in the AVR.

All seems to be working fine by switching from HDMI A to HDMI B (projector / TV), many thanks for your help @Jester1066

But, I can't seem to get the sound from my bluray player (Sony BDPS360). I have tried different settings, both on the receiver and the player, tried another HDMI cable, to no avail. The game console works fine (picture and sound), both on the TV and the projector. Any suggestions?

All seems to be working fine by switching from HDMI A to HDMI B (projector / TV), many thanks for your help @Jester1066

But, I can't seem to get the sound from my bluray player (Sony BDPS360). I have tried different settings, both on the receiver and the player, tried another HDMI cable, to no avail. The game console works fine (picture and sound), both on the TV and the projector. Any suggestions?
Male sure your Sony player's audio output is set to "bitstream"

You made me try all sorts of options, until I solved it with the receiver's menu by selecting AMP only (I think). Thanks again for your help.

IMG_1678.jpg

I'd do the following:

1x HDMI from AVR ARC OUT ➡️ TV HDMI ARC

ALL sources (Games console*, Bluray player etc) into the AVR.

*If the console's a PS5 or XBox One X, plug this into the HDMI marked "game" on the Samsung Frame (instead of the AVR).

Your projector would connect to the second HDMI out in the AVR.
Hopefully this isn't too late to jump in, but I have my Denon AVR-X2800H with TV, AppleTV 4K, ISP DVR connected to 5.1 home theater system. I just purchased the Samsung QNL55L30S and need some help with the connection setup. Based on your suggestion here, I should then run HDMI from the Denon Monitor/Out connector to the Connect One device eARC port, after which all those devices connected to the Denon will now work? I had done this but the Samsung remote setup only detected the DVR/STB and nothing else (they were all powered on). I'm going to purchase a better HDMI cable in the meantime.

One other question is regarding the coax cable from my ISP's PVR box. Since we got upgraded to fibreoptic last year, each TV has this conversion box that takes the coax from the wall outlet and outputs an RJ45 cable to the PVR. That conversion box also has a coax output to TV and I wonder if it's appropriate to run coax from that port to the Connect One box.

I appreciate any assistance here in my quest to have an optimal configuration for the two new additions :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 10.10.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 10.10.56 AM.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 22

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom