One Connect connections issue with AV receiver

papoti

Standard Member
I am at a loss... I have a Samsung Frame 2021 with a One Connect box. I have a second video output, an Epson TW3600 projector. The AV receiver is the Sony STR-DN 1080.

Video inputs are:
  • game console
  • bluray player
  • VHS player

What would be the best cable setup in order to either use the Samsung Frame or the projector to, say, watch a film from a bluray disk or play on the console, using the Sony amp for the sound (and video connections) ?

Many thanks for any advice!

Jester1066

I'd do the following:

1x HDMI from AVR ARC OUT ➡️ TV HDMI ARC

ALL sources (Games console*, Bluray player etc) into the AVR.

*If the console's a PS5 or XBox One X, plug this into the HDMI marked "game" on the Samsung Frame (instead of the AVR).

Your projector would connect to the second HDMI out in the AVR.

papoti

Standard Member
All seems to be working fine by switching from HDMI A to HDMI B (projector / TV), many thanks for your help @Jester1066

But, I can't seem to get the sound from my bluray player (Sony BDPS360). I have tried different settings, both on the receiver and the player, tried another HDMI cable, to no avail. The game console works fine (picture and sound), both on the TV and the projector. Any suggestions?

Jester1066

All seems to be working fine by switching from HDMI A to HDMI B (projector / TV), many thanks for your help @Jester1066

But, I can't seem to get the sound from my bluray player (Sony BDPS360). I have tried different settings, both on the receiver and the player, tried another HDMI cable, to no avail. The game console works fine (picture and sound), both on the TV and the projector. Any suggestions?
Male sure your Sony player's audio output is set to "bitstream"

papoti

Standard Member
You made me try all sorts of options, until I solved it with the receiver's menu by selecting AMP only (I think). Thanks again for your help.

IMG_1678.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom