One Connect Compatibility

Bigry77

Hi All,

I have a question that Samsung seem completely unable to answer.

I have a Samsung Frame - UE55LS03N which is wall mounted. All I'm trying to find out is whether the One Connect cable that shipped with the UE55LS03N TV is compatible with a newer (and larger) QE75LS03A (or any other 75" Frame) ?

The existing cable is routed through the wall and I don't want to have to try and route a new cable. What I'm trying to find out is exactly what 75" Frame models are compatible with the existing cable. I can replace the One Connect box and Panel, I just can't replace the cable (without serious disruption).

I've tried Samsung support and Richer Sounds, both just say "we don't know".

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Its pretty much a dead cert that it is not compatible.

These fibre optic replacements for HDMI cables ( Ruipro do something similar for general purpose connections ) are active and have electronics built in, and it is these in-line chipsets that limit the cable to particular generations of systems.

In Samsung's case , the connection is proprietary and works only with the particular Samsung system it shipped with.
They are locked and key coded to individual systems , Samsung abhors the idea of their tech being usable with a competitors system or even with a new generation of their own systems.
They are highly unlikely to be compatible between systems.

As a general rule and for future reference , never put a cable into a wall without a plan for replacing it at some future point , i.e. use ducting , pull wires , etc.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom