One Connect Compatibility on 2017 QLED 65 Inch

chaysegr

Novice Member
Reaction score
Recently, I have acquired a 65 inch Samsung QLED television, specifically, the full model code is QN65Q7FAMFXZA. I got the television because it was missing all cables and accessories, including the One Connect box.

Finding the specific One Connect under part number BN91-1849J and companion cable BN81-16660A, is nearly impossible, and because of the rarity, it’s also very pricey. This is taking into account the fact the One Connect box for any Samsung Smart TV is pricey to obtain or replace, but on SamsungParts they go for upwards of $500 for the box alone.

However, I see numerous similar models, some even matching part numbers for similar 2017 Q7 TVs, using what looks to be the same connector as the One Connect that came with my specific television.

So, the true inquiry. What One Connect boxes are compatible with these specific televisions? I have heard that any box from a Q7 TV of any size will work Plug & Play, and have heard that the box is proprietary to the exact model TV.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Recently, I have acquired a 65 inch Samsung QLED television, specifically, the full model code is QN65Q7FAMFXZA. I got the television because it was missing all cables and accessories, including the One Connect box.

Finding the specific One Connect under part number BN91-1849J and companion cable BN81-16660A, is nearly impossible, and because of the rarity, it’s also very pricey. This is taking into account the fact the One Connect box for any Samsung Smart TV is pricey to obtain or replace, but on SamsungParts they go for upwards of $500 for the box alone.

However, I see numerous similar models, some even matching part numbers for similar 2017 Q7 TVs, using what looks to be the same connector as the One Connect that came with my specific television.

So, the true inquiry. What One Connect boxes are compatible with these specific televisions? I have heard that any box from a Q7 TV of any size will work Plug & Play, and have heard that the box is proprietary to the exact model TV.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi mate, for 2017 the one connect box is the same across all qleds (q7,q8,q9 both curved and flat variants) the issue is though that there is a dozen or so display types, even the same model used a couple of different displays, for the TV to function correctly you will need to switch the one connect box to the appropriate display, this is done via the service menu.

Upvote 0
Hi mate, for 2017 the one connect box is the same across all qleds (q7,q8,q9 both curved and flat variants) the issue is though that there is a dozen or so display types, even the same model used a couple of different displays, for the TV to function correctly you will need to switch the one connect box to the appropriate display, this is done via the service menu.
So that being said, for confirmation, a One Connect box that will hook up, even from a slightly different model, can be used so long as it is set in the Service Menu?

Upvote 0
So that being said, for confirmation, a One Connect box that will hook up, even from a slightly different model, can be used so long as it is set in the Service Menu?

Hi mate that’s is my understanding, the 2017 qleds all shared the same one connect box. This is based on my one connect motherboard being replaced under warranty, initially the picture was distorted as he hadn’t set the right display type, unfortunately he hadn’t made note of it so had to switch everything back, entered service menu, took note of number, switched to new motherboard, changed the display to mine, then all worked ok.

Upvote 0

This might be compatible. Same model

Best thing to do is find the SOC number for the One Connect box corresponding to the TV via this forum

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Upvote 0
Hi mate that’s is my understanding, the 2017 qleds all shared the same one connect box. This is based on my one connect motherboard being replaced under warranty, initially the picture was distorted as he hadn’t set the right display type, unfortunately he hadn’t made note of it so had to switch everything back, entered service menu, took note of number, switched to new motherboard, changed the display to mine, then all worked ok.
I’ll have to grab a remote too and try and do that. Thanks for the insights!

Upvote 0

This might be compatible. Same model

Best thing to do is find the SOC number for the One Connect box corresponding to the TV via this forum
I’ll take note of the SOC. I figured they would be the same model box, because I noticed a trend in Samsung part numbers being totally different for similar/identical products.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Upvote 0
I have a new cable and box and my TV is doing this. This happen to be the same thing yours was doing or did I just get screwed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 452
Upvote 0
HI Mate

It’s difficult to tell from the photo but with mine I had a picture and dimming appeared to be behaving ok, the issue I had was kind of like really bad macroblocking except the squares where bigger.

How does the logo show on bootup? Is that screen ok? If so you should be able to enter the service menu and check the display it is set to

Upvote 0
I have a new cable and box and my TV is doing this. This happen to be the same thing yours was doing or did I just get screwed?

It's doing this because the panel type is not set in the service menu or is set incorrectly.

The panel type for your screen is on a barcoded sticker on the back of the panel.

You'd need to remove the rear cover to access it.

Upvote 0
It's doing this because the panel type is not set in the service menu or is set incorrectly.

The panel type for your screen is on a barcoded sticker on the back of the panel.

You'd need to remove the rear cover to access it.
This is the culprit. I was able to connect to the TV screen with Smart View on my Samsung phone... Box is programmed for a Q9… Ugh.

Upvote 0
Hi, most of the boxes are same with little differencies, mainly SMPS indexes which are power indexes of those boxes. Panel type and other values should be stored in TV mainboard so it should not make any problems but there might be some missconfiguration that need to be verified by service tool/service menu. But generaly yes it looks like a wrong configuration of panel type/ front-color type...

Upvote 0
Hello Guys, this probably is the only post over the Internet regarding this task.

I have the same situation QN65Q7FAMFXZC

Bought the one connect and the cable, when I do connect the box, TV become useless, wont turn on or do anything, no way to enter Service Menu

Any Ideas ????

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom