• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

One connect box

Bob A

Novice Member
If you wall mount your tv and place the one connect box say 4 meters away you would normally mount the sound bar under the tv. The only way to connect the sound bar is via WiFi which has its drawbacks. Why did Samsung not put an HDMI socket on the tv so the sound bar could be connected this way?

freddefred

Established Member
If you wall mount your tv and place the one connect box say 4 meters away you would normally mount the sound bar under the tv. The only way to connect the sound bar is via WiFi which has its drawbacks. Why did Samsung not put an HDMI socket on the tv so the sound bar could be connected this way?
i have run 5 mtr hdmi cable to my connect box cant you do the same

cuke2u

Distinguished Member
As the connect box has all the electronic gubbins to make the tv operate they then could not have a separate input on the tv itself...

Bob A

Novice Member
As the connect box has all the electronic gubbins to make the tv operate they then could not have a separate input on the tv itself...
not Strictly true, they could have put an HDMI on the tv and ran the information down the one connect cable.

freddefred

Established Member
it is what it is samsung made the connect box so you could wall mount tv and put all your equimpment where you want i ran my one connect cable + hdmi +power cable togeher into a conduit around the skirting board under carpet to my box which sits in cabinet with other equipment beside my lazy boy it looks and works great,

cuke2u

Distinguished Member
not Strictly true, they could have put an HDMI on the tv and ran the information down the one connect cable.
It wouldn't work at all, you seem to not understand how the electronics actually function. Sorry but you have the wrong tv for your environment and arguing the toss that Samsung should have designed it for your needs makes little difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom