ONE CONNECT BOX repair

johnsmith1010

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello
I have a 65" QLED Q90R
my one connect box died and it is discontinued. I bought 4 from ebay and ALL were not working . Samsung said the OPTICAL audio light doubles as a standby light and all 4 were not lit when I got them used . I was refunded my money and have since bought a LG OLED 65" G1 tv but I have 4 one connect boxes and otherwise good 65" qled screen.
does anyone have any idea what is most likely cause of issue or how to repair?
I would like to make 1 good box out of 4 dead ones .
I watched a few videos on disassembly but did not help much.
what is most likely to burn out in them ?

hello
I have a 65" QLED Q90R
my one connect box died and it is discontinued. I bought 4 from ebay and ALL were not working . Samsung said the OPTICAL audio light doubles as a standby light and all 4 were not lit when I got them used . I was refunded my money and have since bought a LG OLED 65" G1 tv but I have 4 one connect boxes and otherwise good 65" qled screen.
does anyone have any idea what is most likely cause of issue or how to repair?
I would like to make 1 good box out of 4 dead ones .
I watched a few videos on disassembly but did not help much.
what is most likely to burn out in them ?
Did you try change cable from TV to ocb?

I suggest you either resell the one connect boxes on eBay stating sold for spares only or bin them.
There are too many variables to pin down the causes of faults on these.
You have to have the correct model of OC box for your model of TV.
There can be a faulty/broken OC socket on the TV.
The OC cable can be faulty.
There are 4 - 8pin IC's in the power supply of the OC boxes any of which can go faulty and lock the boxes up.
You need to be in the TV repair trade to successfully repair these.

so , when you check the one connect to see if it works Samsung says the OPTICAL LIGHT doubles as the STANDBY LIGHT. so my OPTICAL LIGHT was working when tv worked but when it stopped so did the optical light. as I received one connects the first thing I did was check standby light and each and every one was not working. I also tried hooking up but I already knew they would not work which they did not.
I did not trust changing the fiber optic cable as the ONE connect must work for it to work.
IF THE OPTICAL LIGHT ON THE ONE CONNECT IS NOT ON THE BOX IS NOT WORKING..
any one with a one connect feel free to check theirs.

I suggest you either resell the one connect boxes on eBay stating sold for spares only or bin them.
There are too many variables to pin down the causes of faults on these.
You have to have the correct model of OC box for your model of TV.
There can be a faulty/broken OC socket on the TV.
The OC cable can be faulty.
There are 4 - 8pin IC's in the power supply of the OC boxes any of which can go faulty and lock the boxes up.
You need to be in the TV repair trade to successfully repair these.
I could care less about selling them . I am older and live in the country and boxing and driving to the post office for a couple hundred is not worth the hassle. I do invent things though and invented a system to regenerate activated carbon for life and built my own special 316ss boilers put of PID controls and gas valves. I am reasonably handy and fix a lot of items from HVAC , gas boiler controls and such. I was thinking the problem seems so common it is probably one part overheating

I could care less about selling them . I am older and live in the country and boxing and driving to the post office for a couple hundred is not worth the hassle. I do invent things though and invented a system to regenerate activated carbon for life and built my own special 316ss boilers put of PID controls and gas valves. I am reasonably handy and fix a lot of items from HVAC , gas boiler controls and such. I was thinking the problem seems so common it is probably one part overheating
Good to know there are still alive some "freaks and nerds and people who like to reinvent the wheel before selling them" try to check this service manual is for Samsung QA65Q90RAK Chassis QWD90 maybe can help you solve your problem its not an diagram one's but maybe can be handy to you.

Service manual QA65Q90RAK

right on thanks . appreciate it. It's unlikely I would sell it anyway. I got a small factory on my property where I do all my mad scientist stuff and manufacturing just full of stuff. I pulled a circuit board off a HVAC air handler and used it to make a PID controlled climate controll system for my shop . lol . I dont toss or sell anything. i taught myself tig and stick welding to make my own distillation parts for my carbon boiler system I built from parts . I love learning and creating. if you ever been to a hydroponic shop and seen the carbon filters that was my patent from my company TIBBITS air In 1997 in Toronto Canada. I grew weed semi commercially fir 30 years before this as well as the first company to breed culture and sell chemoautotrophs and organotropic aerobic microorganisms for aquaponics and hydroponics.
i look forward to adding potentially tv repair to the list or at least have a box of new circuit boards for some future creation . thank you and cheers 🤣

How are you finding the picture if the G1 in comparison to the Samsung?

How are you finding the picture if the G1 in comparison to the Samsung?
significantly better. I had a 2018 OLED lg 55" that I loved but then developed burn in so I bought the 65" Qled solely for the burn in protection as my boy and me play video games but 18 months later the ONE CONNECT died and no one could fix it. the qled is a 8/10 fir picture but 10/10 for burn in . I bought the G1 because of the warranty lg offered well above the other modejs and I love it so far but I wont play video games and I even turn it off instead of pause if I leave the room . I bought it on my visa to get another year warranty. they actually covered the burn in on the C1 from before but I worded it as a BOARD problem not burn in.
i am looking at a new AV receiver now and was torn between MARANTZ SR5015 OR DENON H2700X but there seems to be so much issue with hdmi and the software I am a little hesitant and full up on AV data I may wait

I too suffered the One Connect Achilles on my Q9065! Fortunately was able to find a replacement at a reasonable costs and (so far) it’s working. I don’t know how long it will last though.

Please let us know if you learn anything about how to repair these things. I have my old (dead) but if possible I’d love to have a backup!

I did determine that a 10A slow blow fuse had failed on the power input (soldered to the circuit board). Unfortunately a replacement blew immediately upon supplying power so clearly something else is going on. There is an inductor and capacitor early in the AC flow that might be an area to investigate. I’m a ‘Google’ electrician that refuses (against better judgment!) to accept the word ‘trash’. 😀.

For now the TV works and I may spring for the service manual. But then again I may dig into the pile of other things that need fixing that I can’t seem to accept that they belong in the trash.

after a storm my samsung 8k tv turned off. I did all the steps that technical support told me but it still does not turn on. How do I know if what burned was the one connect or the tv. Has anyone experienced something similar that can help me?

If it has been a storm that's sent a spike down the line then it is more likely to be a house insurance claim..

I was just going to suggest that very thing.
Claim on your home contents insurance policy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom