1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One box vs two

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by kingcobbler, Jul 16, 2005.

1. kingcobbler

kingcobbler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Looking at my system I think the weak link is currently my Yamaha DSP-A2 amp. Its been a great servant for several years but upgrade-itus has hit again !!!

Probably looking to buy ex-demo or 2nd hand and looking to spend £1000 - £1250 tops.

I am after a real step up in sound quality, else I'll keep the yammy and spend about two thirds movies / one third music.

After some recommendations regarding whether a one or two box solution as I think the Yammy is not the greatest with music.

What to people reckon..... Denon AVC-1SR(A) or Rotel 1068/1075....or something else.
    I'm gonna post this in the Integrated amp section aswell to see what different people think. Help me !!!

2. Sab

Sab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I would go for the Rotel 1068 / 1075. When you separate into a preamp / processor and power amp the improve in sound quality can be quite huge. Also this combination will be better with music than the Denon and also good with movies. However, with your budget you will have to buy the Rotels second hand - try putting up a wanted ad in one of the forums.

I think your speakers are good enough so you should be OK with the Rotels.

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Harman kardon avr 8500 loads of power and good at movies and music,was worried about not having the lip sync correction for plasma but now having brought one(plasma) havnt needed it as i havnt had any lyp sync problems at all. :)