One Box System advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Courtjezter, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Courtjezter

Courtjezter
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,671
    Hello all,

I am looking to replace a knackered old Samsung DVD home theatre system with a one box system but without the built in player. I currently have a budget of sub £250 and have been looking around the Richer Sounds website at some of their deals. The one that peaks my interest the most is the Pioneer HTP 071 but there is also the Onkyo HTX22HDX, a 2.1 system which i have read about on this site and sounds like a good option if i get the other 3 speakers to make it a 5.1 system. Or there is the LG SR906 or Yamaha YHT196 which seem like very adequate systems based on what i have also read on this site.

My quandry is that all but the Pioneer have had some kind of review or peoples experiences highlighted on the net. I have found one review of the Pioneer, by some guy on his blog, and i whilst he said it was a very good system it didnt seem to have the tech know how to give me a more comfortable feeling.

So i am appealing to you, the informed of this very good site, and asking what would you do, in my shoes, if you had those options.

To assist you i will be plugging my Sony blu-ray player, Sky HD, Xbox 360 and LG tv into it

Please let me know if you need any more info and thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

2. Courtjezter

Courtjezter
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,671
    Nobody? anybody?