1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one bedroom, one home cinema

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by oxygenuk, May 30, 2005.

?
  1. 1-2/10

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. 3-4/10

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. 5-6/10

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. 7-8/10

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 9-10/10

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    A rating and/or a reply to tell me what you think would be appreciated, thanks :)

all together its roughly 750-850 worth of equitment you see in the pic ...

edit:

Forgot to describe and list what you actually see in the pic, silly me, ill start off stating whatthe equitment is..

the dvd player is the sony ns585.
    amp/reci is the pioneer vsxd814
    and the tv is the Philips 28pw6518
    the speaker package is pioneer sp50 if i remember correcty...

purchased all of this from mid to late last year, december being when i bought the last bit of kit (the widescreen) (upgrade from a bush 21" :lol:)

ill now say why i bought these certain products, for a start i bought the sony ns585 for a few reasons, sony is usually known for great pictures with tv's and dvd players and thats what the dvd player delivers.. its also a brand you can trust, and also hasa wide selection of outputs, pretty much every audio video output apart from dvi and hdmi, on the connections a monster scart is used and a coaxial cable is used for digital audio..

moving on to the pioneer amp/receiver, well theres so much stuff i could write about why i bought this i could probably go onto midnight :lol:, first off i was shopping and researching etc for amp/receiversand everything, ranging from sony denon yamaha and then i came accross the product list of the pioneer amps and for a start i wanted to be future proofed, and that i currently am, with its capability of outputing dlby dig ex and dts 6.1 matrix and neo:6 tracks etc, i currently only use a 5.1 setup though, the range of functions it also has is astonishing, for £230, it performs like something double its price tag.

moving on to the tv, as i said i bought this back in december(04) produces an amazing picture for a 50hz tv, also has 2 scart inputs, 1rgb the other is svideo/composite, cant really comment on the audio as everything audio wise is always run through the amp. but eys the sound does work, has virtual dolby surround built into it, so pretty good for when the amp needs a rest :p.

last moving onto the speakers, small compact and stylish at under £250 if i remember correctly :p (including the subwoofer) which is an awesome performer, the speakers perform quite well for the money too, wouldnt mind some mordulant shorts, missions etc, but we cant all afford that type of thing, but something im looking into a year or so down the line.

and thats it, finally finished writing, certainly took long enough but hope you enjoyed the read.

Attached Files:

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Looks neat at the front, any chance of photos at the back, room dimensions and a more in-depth description of your equipment and what you think of it/why you chose it in the bulk text? :)

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    very nice (i have used the same aerial on several occaisions!) agree about the description being a bit short tho i can make out a Ps2 but thats about it! some stuff on how its all connected up too!

4. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    john when you say the back do you mean the listening position or the back of the equitment? thanks.

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    what do you think of neo:6?

7. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    evil john2: ill get that sorted out, i also have an old pic of the back of the amp, that should do :p.

dragon: neo6 works and sounds great :D, as i currently have 5.1 neo:6 still works and on my amp it creates a virtuall 6.1 channel when there isnt even one there, although it sounds like there is, very nice..

8. Slimchandi

Slimchandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a set of Pioneer speakers similar to yours, R L and centre? Would you be interested in them for setting up 6.1? I think the grilles are black but otherwise identical.

9. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    hi chandi, i actually have a L R and C speaker identical to the ones i have on there at the moment, just dont have the room for them at the moment, i do have the room, but nowhere i can put them so it actually sounds how it should.

thanks for the offer anyhow :D