Once Upon a Time (NBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Where fairytales and modern day are about to collide. Created by Lost/Tron: Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.

Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin

Last edited:
Was in New York at the weekend and there was a massive billboard for this in Time Square, caught my eye enough for me to look it up here :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vet Emma Caulfield joins the show, she will play the “incredibly scary and frightening” Blind Witch from Hansel and Gretel, who appears in the ninth episode.

Starts Sunday Oct. 23 (US)

Cast that includes Kristin Bauer Van Straten (True Blood) as Maleficent, Alan Dale (Lost) as*Prince Charming’s father,*Jessy Schram (Falling Skies) as the beloved Cinderella,*Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad) as*the sidekick to Lana Parrilla’s Evil Queen, and David Anders (The Vampire Diaries) as a small town doctor.

Along with Grimm these are two shows I've really been looking forward too.

Episode 1: Pilot - 8/10

Potential is there, interesting to see a few more episodes.

Yes it was interesting, not the most spectacular pilot to a series in recent years but certainly got all the ingredients.

Episode 2: The Thing You Love Most - 8.2/10

Good episode, i enjoyed it little more than the pilot

watched the first episode of this last night and it was pretty good.

this is a really curious TV show, it's got me and my ladyfriend intrigued, but after 3 episodes we still don't know quite what to make of it.

spoiler

I can't help thinking it would work better, for me at least, if we didn't keep dipping into the fairy tale flashbacks and just had everything unfold in the "real world", to give it the angle where the boys story sounds like an overactive imagination but as the events of each episode play out you can either believe him or not and the characters find his story more and more convincing as time goes on and we work out who's who from the fairy tales through the events that happen, rather than being shown who's the evil queen and who's Snow White, Prince Charming etc from the outset. We already know who the good and bad guys are, we know they're all fairy tale characters, we know all their motivations... I'd just liked to have had a bit more mystery to it. Everything's already laid out for the viewer and it's all really easy to second guess what's going to happen in each episode after the first few minutes. They haven't left much room for any real surprises. I find I like the real world sections far more than the fairy tale world parts. The real world seems to have an air of the mysterious about it, almost Twin Peaks-ish at times, but then they go and spell everything out with the fairy tale flashbacks, they don't really leave you much to think about once the credits have rolled.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom