Once Upon A Time In Mexico R1 Review

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
OnceUponATimeInMexicoR1.jpg

Matt Brown reviews Once Upon a Time In Mexico on R1 DVD.

Read the review Here

DiscEmporium.jpg

Just thought I'd say that the review of this film on these forums is so drastically different from my experience of it that I had to post something. - 5/10????!!!!!!

It also demonstrates how subjective reviews are.

This film is a masterpiece easily the best of the three, complex weird but above all a very dark shade of black humour - you either 'get this' or you don't . If you do it's the best film of it's kind since 'Wild at Heart'.

If this isn't to your personal taste then you obviously won't get anything out of watching it.

Johnny Depp is much better in this than Pirates of the Caribbean give me heartless sociopath seeking redemption every time.

IMHO 10/10

Torq

10/10, you're kidding right.....i had to struggle, not to turn it off!!

Each to his own but if you like:

Dusk til Dawn
U-turn
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart
Existenze
2 days in the valley
etc

Then you'll luv it, you either enjoy this sort of film or you miss it completely.

well yeah, i own Dusk Til Dawn, Existanze

I love Wild At Heart and all the movies on your list but hearing that Salma is hardly in this film puts me off watching it :(

Pretty sexist thing to say, debating the quality of the film not how sexy the actress is!

On that basis you would claim TR2 ought to have great merit because AJ is very sexy all the way through it!

I agree Tomb Raider 2 was great because AJ was damn sexy all the way through as for being sexist hey so be it :)

At no point did i say anything about how sexy Salma is you are the one who has put those words in my mouth i merely stated that i'm disappointed to hear she isn't in it more, so tell me why that is being sexist?

Never got around to buying desperado so have just ordered the triple pack so I'm hoping OUTIM is more of the same:)

Not worth a serious reply.

If you honestly think Salma is a great actress and decide not to watch a great film because shes not in it much.

That would be like deciding not to watch Lord of the Rings because you think Liv Tyler is a great actress but that she isn't in it much.

More fool you.

Well I have just bought the twin pack desperado/mexico haven't watched then yet but will give them a blast over the next two days.

i think Salma is without doubt the best actress on the planet and i just wish they would remaster From Dusk Till Dawn so i could appreciate her talents more.

Originally posted by grey torq
Not worth a serious reply.

If you honestly think Salma is a great actress and decide not to watch a great film because shes not in it much.

Did I say that?:rolleyes:

You're right that movie reviews are subjective, but how you could consider this as 10/10 is beyond me. Poorly scripted, boring and action lifted directly from the first two movies (and not executed as well). Do I need to go on...?

I said she was a great actress, and i now love snakes because of her, without doubt there is no finer actress on this planet :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom