Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Yep, i so need this in my life!!

Thanks Cas - missed this at the cinema to my shame so looking forward to this now all the more - a lot of suppliers selling this for £25 so I'm going to sit tight and wait for it to join the 2 for 30 club... :)

Thanks cas. Haven’t seen this yet and it’s going to the number 1 spot on my rental list

Thanks Cas, Glad to hear it’s looking good on UHD, loved this at the cinema (saw the 35mm version adding more to the period feel).
It’s not what some may expect from Tarantino, but if you enjoy film over the decades, this is what Sundays are made for, feet up and enjoy!

Thanks for the review Cas :)

The legs bit made me chuckle, I noticed quite a few leg shots throughout the film too.

And feet! They're becoming a Tarantino trademark.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It just sort of meanders along without really going anywhere. Don't get me wrong, it's always entertaining but it just left me scratching my head. And that ending was from a different movie entirely.

I watched the blu ray last night. The Mrs didn’t get me the 4k for some reason.
The Blu-ray is fabulous also although just has 5.1 sound, but it’s still excellent.
I absolutely love this film so will likely sell on the blu and get the 4k

Thanks Cas, thats me sold! Can't believe you forgot to mention Jackie Brown though! ;)

I love most of Tarantino's films - except for Inglourious and Django - but Im gonna blind buy this one.
Inglorious and django are great films Jim..maybe i could tempt you with Avengers Endgame:thumbsup:, you can tell the difference on 4k:rotfl:

Great review Cas. Mine has just arrived from Amazon, can’t wait to watch it :smashin:

@Casimir Harlow what are the extras available on the disc? Seems like a description of these has been omitted from the review?

Cheers Cas, I enjoyed it at the cinema but think I’d enjoy it even more at home so will be a must own for me.

Watched this last night and I was very disappointed.
It starts off as a buddy pic with two fictional characters that are woven into the Sharon Tate story. Then as if the project was abandoned half way through suddenly a narrator appears spelling out what happens to these fictional character along with the details of the real Sharon Tate story down to real names dates and times. But then again it changes, it is as if they thought the real ending of the Sharon Tate story was too sad so they completely changed it and decided to call it a comedy.
Sorry although initially entertaining I thought as a whole it was a mess.

Thanks Cas, missed this at the cinema, but just had my dispatch notice from Amazon, so looking forward to it.

Nice review Cas, enjoyed it mostly but for me has got some faults.
I found it hard to suspend my disbelief after the 'tip tap' Bruce Lee character though and thought this was an easy but stupid way of Tarantino 'bigging up' a certain character. Would have liked more character development and screen time of DiCaprio with Pitt. I'd give it a 7/10.

@Casimir Harlow Mr Harlow, I note @featherhall 's post #10, but are you able to comment on the technical quality of the 1080p Blu-ray (judged on its own terms against other Blu-rays, rather than in comparison to the 4K disc)?

Finally i have seen it, and i really enjoyed it, a solid 9/10 from me , loved the setting and the look of the film, one thing was the 4k disc seemed a little bit dark to me? and when i checked the info on my player the technical output of nits and all that was pretty low.. But that aside, a great watch

I was thinking whilst watching this, what is the point of this film and then it clicked..

This is Brad Pitt movie with DeCap throwing in some tantrums along the way.
Brad steals the film for me in every scene esp when he meets Bruce Lee.
One of QT weaker films I might add.

7/10.

I found it hard to suspend my disbelief after the 'tip tap' Bruce Lee character though
This was the one thing stopping me from going to the cinema to see this. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've heard, Mr Tarantino did a minor hatchet job on Bruce Lee. I'm not a Lee fan but this sounds a little unnecessary. Q's known for for having a fun irreverent respect for Asian culture so this seems a little beneath him.
and thought this was an easy but stupid way of Tarantino 'bigging up' a certain character.
This makes it even worse. It's probably why I haven't watched it yet. This might have been a blind buy for me but now it's just a look see. I

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking whilst watching this, what is the point of this film and then it clicked..

This is Brad Pitt movie with DeCap throwing in some tantrums along the way.
Brad steals the film for me in every scene esp when he meets Bruce Lee.
One of QT weaker films I might add.

7/10.
Somebody finally points that out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom