Once again I call upon the knowledge and advice of my fellow forum members (it's been a while)

Mainly from a features point of view , just generally not as good a product as your mainstream companies , also , having a play with one it just didn't seem as polished as the 58dx750 that I bought , maybe they were cleverer then I gave them credit , maybe not , whatever , I do know that I am very happy with the panny I bought , and I'm not just saying that because if I wasn't it would have gone straight back , at the price point it is ridiculously good from a picture point of view , I thought the sound was a little weak but some fiddling has made it sound very good considering the limitations of flat screen speakers ....

Mainly from a features point of view , just generally not as good a product as your mainstream companies , also , having a play with one it just didn't seem as polished as the 58dx750 that I bought , maybe they were cleverer then I gave them credit , maybe not , whatever , I do know that I am very happy with the panny I bought , and I'm not just saying that because if I wasn't it would have gone straight back , at the price point it is ridiculously good from a picture point of view , I thought the sound was a little weak but some fiddling has made it sound very good considering the limitations of flat screen speakers ....

Yes the sound isn't a factor i'm bothered about from a TV but i'd be interested to know what formats it decodes (my plasma was limited to DD5.1). Also how is the TV's media player (does it support x264/ x265/ HEVC)

OK My shortlist for my new TV so far and I've decided that I have to increase my budget in order to get comparable (superior?) picture quality to my current 50" Plasma

HiSense H55M7000 £799 (this TV seems to have a bit of a cult following on the forum)

Sony KD55XD8005BU £999 (Does this TV justify the £200 price difference)

Panasonic 58dx750 £1050 (an extra £50 gets me a larger screen size but is it a superior set?)

Pros and Cons for all of my choices greatly appreciated as well as recommendations for a set comparable or superior that I may have overlooked (at the same price point (£800-1000)

UPDATE: OK so I’ve almost reached the end of my quest and narrowed it down to a decision between 2 very different TV's. I had to increase my budget in order to get a TV that I’m going to be happy with but I find myself in quite a dilemma.....

Do I go the Mammoth screen size/UHD/HDR road or do I compromise on the size and bells and whistles and go for the enhanced picture quality delivered by OLED technology?

The 2 sets that I’ve narrowed my search down to in order to find a suitable Plasma replacement are....

LG 55EG910V Smart 3D 55" Curved OLED TV £1289
Hisense 65m700 £1200

I don't currently have a desire to purchase UHD Blu Ray or a gaming console but still I’m finding this final choice a nightmare so any input and advice from my fellow forum members would indeed prove invaluable at this critical final stage.

Thank you I found this article/review invaluable and to confirm what I suspected regarding the LED Vs OLED
No problem im saving in similar situation to you i was looking at the oled 910 or the sony xd80 looking to buy at end of the year I currently have a panasonic plasma and reading the link has convinced me its oled i need as we sit off axis

Last edited:
The Sony XD80 made my last shortlist also but was seduced by the screen size of Hisense I'm just a bit dubious about the brand although it does seem to have a bit of a cult following here

Ive always has sony and current panasonic tvs tbh and was dubious about lg at first when i did my research as for hisense umm not sure about the brand either hadn't heard of them last year tbh.

Ive always has sony and current panasonic tvs tbh and was dubious about lg at first when i did my research as for hisense umm not sure about the brand either hadn't heard of them last year tbh.
My LG Plasma is without doubt the best TV I've ever owned I simply adore it and wouldn't hesitate to buy the brand again

My LG Plasma is without doubt the best TV I've ever owned I simply adore it and wouldn't hesitate to buy the brand again
Good to know about Lg

Saying that I actually remember when LG was Lucky Goldstar a God awful cheapo electrical brand

Saying that I actually remember when LG was Lucky Goldstar a God awful cheapo electrical brand
Yeah thats how I remember them lucky goods.

You said you have no desire to buy anything UHD so you answered your own question really. Go with the 910v
It's the larger screen size which is the attractive feature of the other set (as well as being 4K should I wish to use)

Yep, so it's a measure of SDR performance vs resolution and size. If you sit close enough and watch more UHD then it may be worth it I guess.

My mindset s currently around 80 - 20 in favour of the LG OLED

I would personally avoid the Hisense H65M7000 due to the lack of HDR on the Netflix and YouTube Apps and the appalling customer service from Hisense UK. Apart from these it is excellent value for money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom