onboard HDMI washed out screen (dual screen setup)

digitaldecks

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all, did the serching on the forum and couldnt really find the answer to my issue but wanted some advice as i think its a limitation and wanted to get some reccomendations on what to buy to over come my issue.
All was a slow process as was in between house move and birth of my 2nd daughter.

PC specs:
my main PC which i built using a gigabyte Z77X-D3H S1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 ATX running Core i7-3770K.
i didnt bother getting a GPU as it has both HDMi and DVI out.

initially i was using a single 27" Liyama and then purchased the second.

Issue:
DVI > perfect colours
HDMI > seems washed out

did the usual swapping them around, calibrating etc problem just flips from one when swapping screens etc.

so doing some homework i belive this may be a limitation for the HD4000.

what im looking for is dual DVI GPU, dont need hdmi or display port.
dont need hdmi as not passing any audio either as thats direct to my amp.
I know HDMi should put out as good as DVI but think the HD4000 and maybe the combination of the mobo makes the hdmi res very poor. just thought that i should have tried HDMI to a single monitor on its own, but i need two so makes no difference.

was looking at the sapphire Flex but thought id ask if any other recomendations?

i knwo that at least with a dedicated GPU both outputs will be mirrored in quality.

what i need is silent, low power consumption and good as the HD4000 or slighthly better.

i even thought that just add an old gpu with dvi and run the second monitor from that, but my oldest card is a sapphire 4670 ultimate from my older pc.
id rather keep inside as that PC will be used somewhere else.

so as im looking to buy a new GPU i may as well get one that handles both screens or am i wrong?

After a little google-fu I managed to find this:

[H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

Finally was able to get full space RGB over HDMI and I must say this monitor looks absolutely beautiful now. I'm much more happy. If you have the same issue and you're running Intel drivers (mine are for the HD 4000 graphics), you must set a custom resolution and use the timing standard "CVT-RB." I have no clue what that does, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting the full color gamut now!

Not sure if this makes any sense but good luck.

thanks cokker, ill try that tonight.

its annoying though as played with so many settings. non of my dedicated GPU's ever had this problem in all these years.

cokker, you are a complete legend. as i had come across a few threads on other forums all saying there were limitations i started to believe it.

anyway i went in to manual settings punched in the details as thats the only place you can set to CVT and hey presto it worked. need to calibrate a bit more but colour is back.

seriously i owe you on this

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom