Onavo App

bransoj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Browsing the app store the other day and downloaded this Onavo app which claims "Save up to 80% on your iPhone/iPad data plan".

Wasnt 100% convinced but after a day or so of running it it appears to actually work. Doesnt cover streaming of audio\video but although i spent most of yesterday on a wifi connection by the end of the day out of the 4mb of browsing via O2 it had claimed to save me 1.5mb. If you are on a 500mb limit this could make things a fair bit better.

Seems to redirect your browsing and other stuff via their servers and compress but not noticed any impact on quality or times.

App Store - Onavo - Data Usage, Get More Out of Your Mobile Data Plan

Edit...one thing to note...if you tether then it wont allow you to do that for some reason.

Last edited:
I saw this no the Gadget show on Monday and downloaded it. So far ive not had a chance to use it as im normally on WiFi for most of the day but hoping to try it over the weekend when out and about.

Just had an email from my brother earlier...he downloaded it this morning and so far saved 23% of data whilst using 3G at work.

I used it for a while, but I had problems sending MMS so had to remove it.

I used it while in Spain last summer and I don't think it worked very well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom