Question On wall speakers

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
In preparation for my garage conversion it’s time to look for speakers, I’m looking at getting on wall speakers to cut down on floor space, Kef seem to be the ones for the front and maybe some Monitor FXs food the back, how well do the T102s perform as home cinema speakers?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Kef speakers perform very well although they do require a woofer to assist them otherwise you can expect a thin sound.

If you are using wall speakers without a woofer, then you really should be looking at Dali or Focal as an alternative for a starters

But there are many on-wall speakers available

As I mentioned, if you are adding the Kef T-Series, then if you are using them as a 5.1 system which it seems you are, then you will be fine

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Kef speakers perform very well although they do require a woofer to assist them otherwise you can expect a thin sound.

If you are using wall speakers without a woofer, then you really should be looking at Dali or Focal as an alternative for a starters

But there are many on-wall speakers available

As I mentioned, if you are adding the Kef T-Series, then if you are using them as a 5.1 system which it seems you are, then you will be fine
Ye I’ll be adding a subwoofer as well, just think with speakers in stands the room is going to look too cluttered.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If you go with the T-205, that'll give you a good all round experience and the larger T301's at the front do make a difference. For the rears, either the T101's or T301's will be fine. Do be aware that thee T-Series really do need to be attached to the wall and they use the wall to generate a fuller sound.

The T-105 system performs like a compact lifestyle system whereas its larger bothers (T205 and T305) deliver a larger sound as you would expect.

If you decided to run down the route of Atmos, a few people also use the T101's on the ceiling which give you an alternative option for creating a 5.1.2

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
If you go with the T-205, that'll give you a good all round experience and the larger T301's at the front do make a difference. For the rears, either the T101's or T301's will be fine. Do be aware that thee T-Series really do need to be attached to the wall and they use the wall to generate a fuller sound.

The T-105 system performs like a compact lifestyle system whereas its larger bothers (T205 and T305) deliver a larger sound as you would expect.

If you decided to run down the route of Atmos, a few people also use the T101's on the ceiling which give you an alternative option for creating a 5.1.2
Thanks I won’t be able to run them at the back as the seat will be up against the wall that’s why I was looking at the FXs. May well go for the T301 as they will have to last a long time and bigger sound is always better I’m going for in ceiling speakers for Atmos

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
For the rear's, you can mount them on the side walls if you have sufficient space. If you run down the FX route, it will be hit and miss for Atmos (if you choose this option) as it requires the sound to be focused which is something FX speakers are not designed to do

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
For the rear's, you can mount them on the side walls if you have sufficient space. If you run down the FX route, it will be hit and miss for Atmos (if you choose this option) as it requires the sound to be focused which is something FX speakers are not designed to do
Unfortunately I don’t have side wall to do it, I do have some old kef 2001 satellites hardly used if I rear mounted those I could toe in or maybe some other kefs?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I’d give them ago before buying another speakers for the rear of the room. They should work perfectly

Woodenrat

Novice Member
Have a look on the classifieds, I have a T105 system for sale with a T301c centre speaker. My room is 5m x 4m and it sounds fantastic with my Denon x2600!

I've got the rears on the back wall with the sofa up to the wall. So not ideal positioning but it still sounds great to me!! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom