1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Screen Display

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by karlak, Oct 28, 2005.

1. karlak

karlak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,477
    Does anyone know if the OSD for the Denon 2106 and YAmaha DSP-ax757 works through the component out? I have not had an amp that uses OSD before so am unsure as to how it works - from a connectivity point.

Also I believe that out of these 2 amps, only the Yam will Upconvert to component. Would I need a 'box of tricks' to get my SKY plus from RGB to SVIDEO in, on the amp, or is it simply a Scrt to SVIDEO cable?

Cheers

2. johnmccoy

johnmccoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't answer your OSD questions, but I can tell you that my Sky+ has an SVIDEO output on the back as well as the SCARTS - mine is a PACE v2, but I would think the newer ones would be the same.

3. karlak

karlak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,477
    Many thanks, just checked - I have the same box as you, so the S-video is there. Never occurred to me that it would have that connection as well :)

Just need to find out about the OSD now

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Most amps can't send the osd via component (infact i'd be supprised if either did), the upconversion yes take in s-video and give you component, won't look any better but means one cable convience, especialy if your pj is on the other side of the room or celing ect...