ON/ITV Digital Channel Numbers?

Garrett

Reaction score
Last night I saw a film on BBC4 that I thought might be of interest to my parents, (they have a ON/ITV Digital Box), I gave them a ring and informed them.
On calling round today I asked if they had watched it, but they said they could not pick it up. The reason was they had a clipping out of the paper that said BBC4 was on Ch16. I had a go and it came up BBCi and then had a go and found it on Ch88 I also looked at some if the other channels in the clipping and they were wrong also.
Is there a list somewhere I can get printed out for them?

BBCFOUR is officially channel 28 (as encoded in the signal info), but is mapped automatically onto channel 10 on my Pace DTVA. The actual channel mapping must vary from box to box? If so, perhaps the manufacturer's website is one to try? BTW, you'd probably have more responses posting this in the digital TV forum Garrett :)

Has a store channels been done recently?

This is the new Freeview channel listing:
1 - BBC 1
2 - BBC 2
3 - ITV1
4 - C4
5 - Five
6 - ITV 2
7 - BBC 3 (choice)
9 - Teletext
10 - BBC Four
11 - Sky travel
12 - Uk History
14 - Empty
16 - QVC
17 - TV Travel Shop
18 - The Hits
19 - UKTV Channel
20 - FTN
21 - TMF
22 - Empty
20 - CBBC
31 - CBeebies
32 - Empty
40 - BBC News 24
41 - ITV News
42 - Sky News
43 - Sky Sports News
44 - Empty
45 - BBC Parliament
46 - Community
50 - FourText
51 - BBCi
52 - NTL channel guide
71 - 1Xtra
75 - BBC R5 live
76 - BBC 5L Sports
77 - BBC 6
78 - BBC 7
79 - BBC Asian Network
80 - BBC World Service
81 - Smash Hits
82 - Kiss
83 - Kerrang
84 - Jazz FM
85 - Oneword
701 - BBCi
702 - BBCi
703 - ??
800 - ??

Thanks.
The Box is the Philips one and is different from the above MonkeyDonkey but your list is similar in places to the list they have (their’s is not as comprehensive). As I said BBCi was in 16 and I noticed that QVC was on 61.
My parents did an update also.

Aren't the channels supposed to be standard across all boxes?
If you switch on to BBC Choice/Four before 7pm or CBBC Cbeebies after 7pm the screen gives you BBC Channel numbers.

Are you sure it was store channels done and not just add channels?

I'm not sure if the philips is the same as my Pioneer but this has the option to renumber channels, so you could change them manually to which ever numbers you want.

I organised my channels into groups because I got sick of browsing through all the channels just to see what was on the ones I wanted to watch and also because I wanted my most frequently watched channels to fit on one screen in the EPG. So now I have a MAIN group, a MUSIC group, a NEWS group, a KIDS group, a SHOPPING group, an INTERACTIVE group, and a RADIO group :D

Originally posted by Squirrel God
So now I have a MAIN group, a MUSIC group, a NEWS group, a KIDS group, a SHOPPING group, an INTERACTIVE group, and a RADIO group :D

Sky are kind enough to do that all for you automatically. :D

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I organised my channels into groups because I got sick of browsing through all the channels just to see what was on the ones I wanted to watch and also because I wanted my most frequently watched channels to fit on one screen in the EPG. So now I have a MAIN group, a MUSIC group, a NEWS group, a KIDS group, a SHOPPING group, an INTERACTIVE group, and a RADIO group :D
How do you go about doing that?

Originally posted by Nobber22
Sky are kind enough to do that all for you automatically. :D
I should think so too at the extortionate prices they charge ;)
Originally posted by SOUNDSTYLE
How do you go about doing that?
On my Pace DTVA, I just press the MENU button and then go into the USER LISTS menu. It's all self-explanatory from there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom