• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

On going Dolby Atmos and DTS MASTER audio issue

CFFW

Novice Member
I have a very annoying issue with my Sony equipment, it seems that Sony do not know what is causing it either. Not sure which forum might have the answer, so trying a few

This problem has been ongoing for a couple of years.

Recently I purchased a new blu ray player and receiver. I am using the same television through out this problem

The issue is, everything works fine and as it should for a few weeks and then for no reason at all the blu ray player stops sending Dolby Atmos True HD and DTS MASTER AUDIO to the receiver. The receiver display says what it is reading. Instead it sends Dolby Digital and DTS.

No setting are changed, the equipment is not touched or moved. I have been in touch with unhelpful Sony, their best advice after giving them detailed information was to reset the player and switch it off and back on. This did work for a while but not anymore. All the equipment has the latest software updates

This exact same problem happened with previous Sony equipment too, I also purchased an LG blu ray player and the same thing happeded with it too. This makes no sense to me at all. The settings are all correct and as they should be or it wouldnt work for a while and then stop

Has anyone ever heard of this happening ? .. . I would like to get this annoying issue resolved.

Thank you

Blu ray player: Sony UPB - X700
Television: Sony KDL - 55W809C
Receiver: Sony STR - DN1080

Last edited:

CFFW

Novice Member
The blu ray player is connected to the receiver using new HDMI high speed cables.

The HDMI cable is connected to output port 1 Audio / Video on the blu ray player and into the BD / DVD port on the receiver. The televsion is connected to the receiver using the ARC out port with a HDMI high speed cable

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom