On ear headphone recommendation for use with Ipod

snooper

Hi i am after replacing my sennheiser PX200's with something better and would like a few pointers please. Considering the AKG451 as they seem good for the money and come recommended in mag reviews etc but any other alternatives would be welcome. Budget not really and issue either. I listen rock/metal and some 80's electronica music mainly and want a good all round clear sound. Ta

bobfoc

Beyerdynamic DT1350 facelifts.... love mine and the sound is amazing.

Very well reviewed amongst those at Innerfidelity amd Headfi.

Member 266567

If you're going to run them straight off an iPod then go for the Beyerdynamic T51p instead of the DT1350 - The 1350s are harder to drive. Another popular choice is the Sennheiser Momentum :)

bobfoc

If you're going to run them straight off an iPod then go for the Beyerdynamic T51p instead of the DT1350 - The 1350s are harder to drive. Another popular choice is the Sennheiser Momentum :)
Yeah.... good pt although I still get more than enough volume from my 7th gen nano than I need with the DT1350s.

Momentums are awesome.... as long as you can squeeze your ears inside the inner ring. I needed quite a lot of fiddling before I got them just right. This was a major annoyance after a while hence me selling them after a month.

Amperiors are awesome. Thought Senn stopped making them and replaced them with HD25 Aluminiums which aren't quite the same.

Between Amperiors and DT1350 though, I prefer the tight and bottomless bass of the DTs... hence me selling my Amperiors quite a while ago. Can't ever see me selling the DTs.

snooper

Bought some AKG 451's in the end and for the money they are pretty good, not the comfiest, but sound wise can't fault em for the price. Thanks all for the recommendations.

sinnottj

If anyone else comes across this thread with the same query, I can recommend the Musical Fidelity MF100

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom