On Digital help wanted

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dUnKle, Jun 11, 2001.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    I have a Phillips box and have had no problems in the 18 months or so I have had it except for the very occasional break up in picture, however in the past few weeks all channels from sky 1 upwards are almost unwatchable due to picture break up, sky one however is perfect

My signal strength is on just over 4 and does fluctuate ever so slightly but not much.

I have a good ariel, very good quality aerial wire and a signal booster, any ideas ?

Do ondigital have an email address ?

2. compusolve

compusolve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Duncan

You say Sky one is OK, Ondigital transmits its channels in groups called Multiplexes, Sky one is in MUX B, along with Cartoon Network, British Eurosport, Carlton Cinema, Sky Premier, and Sky Sports One, therefore if you recieve good Sky one the others should be as well,

Most problems as you may be aware are related to the aerial, in this case alignment may be the problem, is the aerial outside, (i.e affected by wind). The signal strength you are monitoring, only reflects one group of channles, there are six in all, if you contact Ondigital they will give you the frequencies of the other groups in your area, all you do then is menu 7, 1 enter the green teletext button enter the frequecy you wish to check then press the red teletext button, this will then give you a signal strentgh reading.

These reading are not 100% acurate, they just give an indication as to the strength of the signal. You say you have a signal of over 4, this could indicate too much signal try without the booster, as its now summer and there are no more leaves on trees etc, this could be your problem too much signal strength, or try an attenuator. Also remember that signal strentgh does not indicate the quality of the signal, noise etc,

Finnaly yes Ondigital do have an email address. customerservices@ondigital.com

Hope this helps

Regards

Garry

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    When I go to the SIGNAL STRENGTH thing the strongest signal I get is for frequancy 21, this is just over 4, on the few other channels ( I think 4 ) the signal is not even half way, if I turn the booster down as I watch the signal, this drops also :(

Its a pain in the bum and I wish I could fix it !