On Digital - Coverage in Bath,Somerset

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by porpoise, Jun 10, 2001.

1. porpoise

porpoise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can get from the local retailers is that the coverage for my postcode "BA2 6QZ" is "uncertain", which I guess means they have no customers in that area???

I wonder if any one here lives in Bath & has On-Digital, and can tell me what the reception is like?

Cheers

2. compusolve

compusolve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

If you have not allready contacted someone in the area why not take a box out and try to see what you can recieve, you have a cooling off period of 14 days,
    The chances are you may pick up a fair few channels, soon the situation will be better as far as coverage, after all the coverage in the book in the retailers is a prediction. The only thing that Ondigital cant help you with is an Aerial upgrade as with the coverage of predicted Uncertain they will not be able to offer this.

Go on have a go,

Regards
    Garry

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on where you are in relation to the transmitter. Post code area predictions have to apply to all people in that code and it's usually done on the first part (eg EX10) so the area can be quite large. Some people may get a good signal while others may not. The only way to do it is to try it although check out www.dtg.org.uk for aerial hints.

S

4. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I lived in Hungerford OnDig sai I would get all chanels, but the reception was crap.

In those days you could pay a flat fee of 40 quid for an arial upgrade. Still not 100% after that.

Therefore I would expect you will have problems with reception, especially as OnDig are so desparate for punters I am sure they try to be optomistic about reception wherever possible.

Dave