1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On board prog scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ged, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I am sorry if I am breaking the rules as I have posted a somewhat similar question on the projector forum.
    I would like a display, prob projector but not too expensive and wondered whether an onboard prog decoder can out match one on a DVD player?
    I would like to spend as little as poss, our living room is quite small and a TV will still be used.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    depends on the PJ mate! What are you thinking of? Z2 (good DVD better deinterlacer), H56 close call, Higer spec PJ stick with interlaced component and let the player deinterlace!

3. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I don't intend to spend too much.
    I haven't seen many in action but would like to think something around the Panasonic 200 will be enough for the little use it will get. I expect to use it for movies at the weekend, I have too many players and another, e.g. sony 730/930 will only be allowed if I shift some kit.
    Ged