On board Ark Royal

mike.y

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I was fortunate enough to be invited aboard the Ak Royal for a little tour

1 Inside the hanger lift down
5194734299_738158c4dd.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5194739005_9b1f838e1d.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

3 Squadron leaders harrier
5195350482_4ffddc2e98.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5195342916_1d3e2ce187.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5 sorry I could not get the wing tips in (Jim) it was a long way down
5195341012_5644b9c636.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6 business end
5195343680_de68ba87c4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7 Landing lights I think
5194756295_5d711902a7.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks for looking I have a few more if anyone is interested

Michael

Nice pics, keep them coming. I'd liked to have had a last look around the Ark Royal so your pics will be the next best thing :smashin:

Nice set - and no worries about the wings :D

Are the "blown" highlights added in PP ? - works well with the composition whatever it is :cool:

Jim

Nice set - and no worries about the wings :D

Are the "blown" highlights added in PP ? - works well with the composition whatever it is :cool:

Jim

+1... Excellent Set.. I was thinking the same about the highlights...:thumbsup:

Raj

I am sorry say the blown high lights were purley accidental I did make some adjustments PP but only to rescue the shot.
Thank you for your kind comments
The Ark Royal will leave the Tyne on Tomorrows high tide for the last time a very sad day
Michael

Last edited:
Very poignant set, captures the sadness of a ship bound for the knackers yard.

...and only earlier today I was accused of Eloquence :rolleyes: :laugh:

Jim

Very poignant set, captures the sadness of a ship bound for the knackers yard.

Not being broken up as far as I know, our super intelligent government is considering selling it to a foreign country, knowing what a good job they are managing so far it will probably be sold to Argentina ;)

Not being broken up as far as I know, our super intelligent government is considering selling it to a foreign country, knowing what a good job they are managing so far it will probably be sold to Argentina ;)

...now that would indeed be a travesty :mad:

JIm

Ah well, if the old girl is still useable why not make some dosh? We've duffed up the Argies once, I doubt them having one of our cast-off tubs will swing the balance in the event we cross swords in the future!:smashin:

Ah well, if the old girl is still useable why not make some dosh? We've duffed up the Argies once, I doubt them having one of our cast-off tubs will swing the balance in the event we cross swords in the future!:smashin:

Yeah, I can just see the lynx helicopters on HMS Ocean make the Argies tremble in their boots. Never mind though, David Cameron has signed a deal with the French to look after us for the next 10 years ;)

Yeah, I can just see the lynx helicopters on HMS Ocean make the Argies tremble in their boots. Never mind though, David Cameron has signed a deal with the French to look after us for the next 10 years ;)

Well at least the grub might improve!:thumbsup:

Really nice set. I viewed it from the South Shields side of the river on Sunday morning. Just wish I had the time to do the on board tour.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom