On a mobile F.M. Radio (not streaming) Blue tooth speaker issue earphone socket required on atenna

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by garynkidman, Jul 24, 2018.

1. garynkidman

garynkidman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On a mobile F.M. Radio (not streaming) Blue tooth speaker issue earphone socket required on atenna.

2. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,574
    Welcome to the forums :)

Can you clarify the issue? Is it that the FM radio function of the phone needs the headphones to be plugged in to act as the aerial and then Bluetooth headphones don’t work?

Could do with some details of the phone but guessing this is possibly working as intended...

FM radio on a phone is a bit last century - not a criticism but I for one can’t remeber the foibles of that wondrous innovation when every Phone had it :laugh:

3. garynkidman

garynkidman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I'm afraid I do not know the exact details of the phone only that it is an apple phone.
    I think that the problem is what you have mentioned above Can you clarify the issue? Is it that the FM radio function of the phone needs the headphones to be plugged in to act as the aerial and then Bluetooth headphones don’t work?

4. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,574
    Apple phone? Are you sure?

Everything you need to know about FM radio on your phone

I have had an Apple phone since day 1 and haven’t seen the function available ever.

Even Mexico can’t mandate something not fitted must never activated...

thats why I referred to it as last century functionality as I haven’t seen it for over a decade. Huge advantage over streaming as per the many articles as it has nothing to do with having a phone signal from towers at all.

Anyway as far as I remember from many years of trusty Nokia’s the headphones or wired speaker cables act as the FM antenna. The phone will only output to one audio output I think. In any case connecting headphones disconnects other audio outputs so I suspect that is your problem.

Along with the fact Apple haven’t connected the FM part of the chip nor the antenna function to the headphone socket on older phones, and claim not to have even used an FM capable chip in a 7 onwards.

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,617
    OP can you be clearer as to what you're trying to do?