On a Mission ...

D

daren jackson

I have a Mission 75c centre speaker at the moment. I also have 753 as fronts and 751 as rears. Looking to upgrade all the speakers eventually but was wondering if I should upgrade the centre to a 77c (which Richer sounds are selling at £100). Has anyone auditioned a 75 and 77? Is there much difference? Should I save my money and change to something else? Any suggestions as to a different centre that would match my fronts at the moment (upto say £350). Also looking for a new sub (to replace my Rel Strata - which has moved to the bedroom) for about £500-600.

Many thanks for any help

B

bug

If i was you m8 i'd go for the 78 range, You can now get a 78c or 78ds for £240 BARGAIN. Also you can also buy a Mission 78as for £480.

The above prices from HISPEK Brentwood.

gringottsdirect

Originally posted by daren jackson
I have a Mission 75c centre speaker at the moment. I also have 753 as fronts and 751 as rears. Looking to upgrade all the speakers eventually but was wondering if I should upgrade the centre to a 77c (which Richer sounds are selling at £100). Has anyone auditioned a 75 and 77? Is there much difference?

I have 753 fronts.
I have a 77c1, it is clear and detailed but not very weighty.
In the end I bought another two pairs of 753 s and have been using them for quite some time very happily.
If space isn't an issue you can pick up 753 or 753Freedom s at good prices nowadays.

B

Big_AL007

can you give me a rough idea of what the 753's sell for these days ????

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
btw I too have the 75c....and I too asked this same question a while ago.

The general consensus? Stick with the 75c. Its still a good centre even now.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom