On a lighter note:

• Thread starter Deleted member 65413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 65413

It seems Nintendo haven't forgotten about their frankly unsatisfying Nintendo VIP service available in Europe just yet!

When you connect your Wii to the Virtual Console for the first time it asks you if you wish to "link" your account to the Nintendo VIP service that started in Europe when the GameCube came out. You put in your email address and password, and, providing it is valid, it links the two.

However, there does not currently appear to be a use. Whether this changes when the Wii officially comes out Friday, remains to be seen. Hopefully it will result in the otherwise largely useless 'stars' you collect being usable to redeem against games from the Virtual Console. We'll update you as we know more.

In other Virtual Console news you can, as previously mention, purchase points with either a Wii Points Card, or a credit card (currently only Visa and MasterCard are accepted). You can buy points in three denominations; £6.99 for 1000 points, £21 for 3000 and £35. The system will allow you to have a maximum of 10000 points at a time, but with the small selection thus far, it’s unlikely that you will need all those.

Sounds to me like all those stars we got for GC games etc may finally come to good use. A transfer into Wii points would be great, think i have about 10,000 of them at present.

I cant remember my old VIP account info which sucks, I tried nearly everything but just couldn't remember it.. oh well i only had about 4 games worht in there, everything else i bought was 2nd hand anyway

I have almost 8000points, so i hope i can use them someway

Got about 3000 points.. i reckon that will get me world 1-1 on super mario bros!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Damn it, I found the email it was registered in and cant remember the password.

No worries usually but alas... the email is now shut down because I didn't use it enough so I can't get the password sent to me.

Oh well...

Crud! I forgot all my account details and I registered atleast 5 games worth!

Darn anyone know of a way of getting my info?

Do what I did, just put all your emaila you know you could have used into the "forgotten password" section. When it finds an email actually linked to an account it will send the password there, otherwise it tells you there is an error.

Just a shame my email is closed down

Hope you dont mind me asking, but what exactly was the nintendo VIP service? I was always tempted to join but I never new many people that had. What are the benefits of joining the service? Is it just a forum?

I've been hoping they'd do this ever since they announced the virtual console. Does anyone know if they'll be giving new stars with Wii games?

You got points for buying GBA, DS and Gamecube stuff. These could be used to purchase free Nintendo merchandise ffrom the site. Thing was there was never anything to buy except stupid ringtones. When anything half decent was available they were snapped up in seconds.

Id love it if these were converted to Wii points as ive never had the chance to use any.

I've been hoping they'd do this ever since they announced the virtual console. Does anyone know if they'll be giving new stars with Wii games?

Yeah, 250 for the Wii, 250 for Wii Sports (500 in total for the bundle). Dont know about the rest of the games but im sure all first party games and accesssories will come with them.

I used some of my stars to get a DS a month before the official launch. Still had to pay full price for it though. Also got a t-shirt with it that has "touch me" written on the front and "Nintendo DS VIP" emblazoned across the back. Obviously I've never worn it outside the house...
Cheers

Neil

Sounds to me like all those stars we got for GC games etc may finally come to good use. A transfer into Wii points would be great, think i have about 10,000 of them at present.

I've been secretly hoping this ever since I heard about the Wii points.

Still don't think it's that likely though, is it?

If they do transfer them I bet it'll be 1000 VIP points gets you 10 Wii points!

If you get 500 VIP points for the Wii and Wii Sports, plus a few more for my copy of Zelda and Wii Play - should top me up well over 4000 VIP points. If they can give us 100 Wii points for every 1000 VIP points it'll give me enough for a NES game, or at least prevent me from having an awkward number of points left over after buying an N64 game and a SNES game for example!

Hope you're right Kube! :lease:

Sounds to me like all those stars we got for GC games etc may finally come to good use.

By the way - where did you get the info from?

Just had my Nintendo Newsletter e-mail and it does indeed say you will be able to purchase Wii Points from the Stars Catalogue. Doesn't tell you the exchange rate though!
Cheers

Neil

Well I had to start a new accoubt but luckily i still had the codes to 5 of my games i had never gotten around to putting in anyway so I have a whole 1.7k points!!! wohoooo

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom