• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Omnia or Pixon

dts197

Distinguished Member
Had both of these over the past 2 weeks, sent the Omnia back and kept the Pixon.

Better features, especially when connected to a pc (I use Vista, not sure what it's like with XP) on the Omnia and better photos and video recording quality on the Pixon.

The Pixon seems to have a slightly more responsive touchscreen but the Omnia feels a little more solid. Not that the Pixon feels flimsy or anything.

Battery life seemed about the same. The most niggling thing about the Pixon is the background when the lock is on is of a pre-loaded image and can't be changed. You only see it for a few seconds but still a little annoying.

I kept the Pixon for the better picture/video quality although I'm finding out that Pixon's audio recording qualities aren't very good in a more noisy environment, the Omnia's audio was more tinny than the Pixon. The mic seems to be a bit too sensitive at times.

As I'm just past my seven days, I may even sell the Pixon and try something else.

Last edited:

darkryu

Standard Member
Had both of these over the past 2 weeks, sent the Omnia back and kept the Pixon.

Better features, especially when connected to a pc (I use Vista, not sure what it's like with XP) on the Omnia and better photos and video recording quality on the Pixon.

The Pixon seems to have a slightly more responsive touchscreen but the Omnia feels a little more solid. Not that the Pixon feels flimsy or anything.

Battery life seemed about the same. The most niggling thing about the Pixon is the background when the lock is on is of a pre-loaded image and can't be changed. You only see it for a few seconds but still a little annoying.

I kept the Pixon for the better picture/video quality although I'm finding out that Pixon's audio recording qualities aren't very good in a more noisy environment, the Omnia's audio was more tinny than the Pixon. The mic seems to be a bit too sensitive at times.

As I'm just past my seven days, I may even sell the Pixon and try something else.

Sounds like you favour the Omnia over your choice of the Pixion, how did you find the navigation on the two phones? Did you notice any bugs or crashing while using either device?

Thanks for the replies so far

dts197

Distinguished Member
If it wasn't for the better camera/video then I would have kept the Omnia.

Navigation is a bit easier on the Pixon, probably down to the fact there's more options on the Omnia. Not having a dedicated "back" button on the Omnia added to this. The more you use it, the easier it gets.

The only real bug I noticed on either was sometimes I couldn't always delete things straight away on the Omnia, sometimes it would take a couple of restarts before it would let me delete a video or a song for example (by either using the handset or doing it through the pc).

jamesg1979

Established Member
Well I went for the Omnia in the end and once I installed the latest firmware I was (and still am) extremely happy. Camera is good in light conditions, poor in dark conditions though. Overall it's a great 'man' phone, it's a complex yet very rewarding gadget. Also seems to have a lot more features than the pixon.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom