Omni-Directional High Gain Mag Mount Car TV Aerial / Antenna for Freeview DVB-T

biggiegc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have brought this indoor TV Aerial, and it has what appears to be a very small version of COAX (Satellite Connection). The connectors I am used to seeing on these LNB cables are a bit bigger, and indeed when I tested at home it wouldn't fit.

I need this to fit into a female aerial socket (i.e Female Coax to Male Aerial Connection)

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks in advance

MdmLFmy.jpg

:D

Why not just buy a simple indoor set-top aerial costing around a fiver or less...it will probably give you the same results.

That looks like an SMA plug to me - as used on commerical comms equipment; the reverse polarised version (RP-SMA) is used on some WiFi routers.

Surely that is a F connector as used by satellite setups in this country? I suspect the aerial was designed for the US market where it is also used for terrestrial aerial inputs.

You probably need an F socket to coax plug adapter that are readily available for around 50p on line but the postage and packing is obviously going to add to it if you do not have a branch of a suitable electronics store nearby (Maplins will try to rush you £2.59 - Screwfix sells by the 10 for £4.90 so I suppose one answer would be to buy 10 and sell off the rest on eBay)

UPDATE:

You mentioned it appears to be smaller than the usual f connectors you get with satellite - could it be an N type socket?

Last edited:
Surely that is a F connector as used by satellite setups in this country? I suspect the aerial was designed for the US market where it is also used for terrestrial aerial inputs

No, Chris is correct, it's like a mini version of the F-connector and is used on external aerials for mobile phone modules

I suppose one answer is to chop the thing off and solder on a standard plug.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom