1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

omgjbox.exe

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cheesephantom, Mar 8, 2005.

1. cheesephantom

cheesephantom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all, me again..

has anyone had the problem with the omgjbox.exe message on their hd3`s i can`t seem to transfer an entire album without it coming up and crashing and sending off error messages etc.

i`ve seen some patch that you have to download but my computer says that my windows xp is newer so doesn`t need it, this is really getting me down as i`m sure it shouldn`t take 4 attempts to transfer an album two songs at a time!

please help, don`t be too technical though!

:lease:

2. caz1979

caz1979
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What version of SonicStage are you using and what program are you using to rip the music? I use MP10 to rip and SS version 2.3 with no problems.

3. cheesephantom

cheesephantom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

i'm using sonicstage 2.3 all my music is already ripped on my hard drive which i did before buying the hd3 using windows media player thing...

4. Blown383

Blown383

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im using Sonic Stage Version 3 and have the same problems....this is completely bull****! :mad:

-B

5. bstonehouse

bstonehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I havn't bought a HD3 yet but am planning to soon. All my music is already ripped onto my HD - some MP3,Some WMA and the majority OMG. Some ripped with Media Player and the Majority with Sonicstage. I have to go the Sony route as I cannot convert the OMG to a format that will run on an Ipod.
    It looks as though I'm going to have problems. Can anyone give me any advice about anything I can do to improve my situation before trying to load it all onto a HD3.

6. j_ellemore

j_ellemore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I found this on the connect website, it might help.

How do I fix the Omgjbox.exe error caused by the Microsoft Security Hotfix# KB840987

Question
    How do I fix the Omgjbox.exe error caused by the Microsoft Security Hotfix# KB840987

Answer
    Due to a recent Microsoft update, Windows Security Module MS04-032 (KB840987) it is creating an incompatibility with SonicStage® (XP and 2000). To correct this issue for Windows XP and Windows 2000 Please follow the steps below:

If the Microsoft "Security Update Program MS04-032 (KB840987)"*** is not currently installed on your computer, please install it to ensure your computer security level. The Security Update can be installed via the Microsoft Windows Updates website.
    The countermeasure program can be downloaded from the Microsoft’s website at:

For Windows XP Operating Systems* with no Service Pack or with Service Pack 1: click here.

For the Windows 2000 Operating System** with Service Pack 3 or 4: click here.
    Important Notes:

*This program is not necessary for computers that have Windows XP Service Pack 2.

**This program is not applicable for computers with Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 or earlier installed.

***If you delete the Security Update Program there is a possibility that problems may occur, including lowered security level and other unexpected anomalies.

Click here for the latest information from Sony Corporation.