1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG: My new Pioneer 434 HDE seems to be broken...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sberemski, Mar 25, 2004.

1. sberemski

sberemski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had to disconnect my AV setup a fiew days ago and upon reconnecting it, the plasma did not seem to work. I then check the leads and it turns out that the cable from the Plasma media box(the one with all the connections on it) which leads to the plasma was not plugged in fully. After plugging it in an image appeared on the screen.

After a bit of flashing on the screen the normal display appeared but it was green and had lots of noise ( or "snow"). This green appears on all the input channels and on the PC input. I dont kwo what to do. I think the plasma is broken.....

ANY ideas would be welcome.

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    As this has happened since you unplugged the cable, this is the likely culprit...

It may be worth checking the cable before panicing...have a look at the pins and make sure none of them are bent or broken...you could also try unplugging ang replugging the cable

Good Luck

JJ

3. sberemski

sberemski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Checked both the male and the female connection and all seems well.

I have connected and reconnected lots of times but I still see green noise?

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The snow is characteristic of a dodgy digital connection. Sounds like a bent pin, dirt in one of the sockets, (media box or plasma) something like that. Got kids? if so check for sweets, stcky fingers etc in the vicinity. You know the old chestnut about toast in the video... If the sockets are clean, pins intact and all present, how about the cable itself. You haven't run it over with the hoover, creased it sharply etc? After all that I'd call Pioneer and see if they have any suggestions.

5. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One should always turn off the receiver BEFORE connecting (or REconnecting in this case) the media receiver/screen. These digi thingies are just too unforgiving...

6. sberemski

sberemski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately I was not here during the moving of plasma and I have no idea if my mumswitched off the equipment in the right order.

Can the system be damage if you take out the cable while the system is in operation?

I will go and check the cable again...

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Damage is unlikely, she can't be silly enough to rip out the cable whilst it's actuall switched on surely in any case, so it would be standby at worst. Loose plugs don't cause instant failure. Your problem is not caused by this I'd be fairly sure.

8. sberemski

sberemski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not all of the cables where plugged in ( i.e the white bit was, but the black bit wasnt). She then plugged the black cable into while the plasma was on. Anyway I called LEconcepts and they are sending round a tech who is going to have a look at it...