• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

OMG is this the worst radio presenter of all time.

guest5234

Established Member
I do not listen to radio 5Live but I am at a station on standby that has it on all day, first time I have ever heard of or listened to Richard Bacon...OMG is this guy for real!! :confused:

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Ive heard other people say that he is no good at presenting but for me it has to be Sara Cox. Cant listen to that woman at all!

guest5234

Established Member
He's a grade A twunt. Got booted off Blue Peter for snorting charlie lol
I remember that, did not realise it was this bloke :thumbsdow he is so up himself it is unreal, thought at first it was a wind-up and someone taking off Alan Partridge, he is completly useless.

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Ive heard other people say that he is no good at presenting but for me it has to be Sara Cox. Cant listen to that woman at all!

+1 on that. She talks absolute tripe and has a horrible habit of slurping the spit out of her mouth while talking. Hard to describe but after a few minutes of talking gibberish at high speed without stopping to swallow, she pauses and basically slurps the spit to the back of her throat before continuing.

Listen next time she's on, it's disgusting.

Last edited:

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Used to listen to Richard Bacon on R5Live at night. He's a legend.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Got no issues with Bacon, even tune into his beer and pizza tv show on occasion.

I thought this thread MUST have been Fearne Cotton, nice lass but OMG dull.

snellfish

Banned

+1 on that. She talks absolute tripe and has a horrible habit of slurping the spit out of her mouth while talking. Hard to describe but after a few minutes of talking gibberish at high speed without stopping to swallow, she pauses and basically slurps the spit to the back of her throat before continuing.

Listen next time she's on, it's disgusting.

is her middle name "sucks"

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
I thought this thread MUST have been Fearne Cotton, nice lass but OMG dull.

She can be quite boring but her show is nicely balanced as she tends to play a bit more music than she talks. :thumbsup:

Chris Moyles and Greg James are the ones I enjoy the most. Other times I just use Spotify on my phone and my FM Transmitter.

Sonic67

Banned
I thought it would be Russel Brand.

weetsie

Prominent Member
vernon kay

so unprofessional, its painful to listen too. :thumbsdow

fearne cotton used to get to me aswell but i think she has learnt how to do it properly so now i dont mind her at all.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Richard Bacon is a fantastic presenter. I am a fan of his Saturday 3pm slot on 6Music as well. If I miss it I make a point of streaming on iPlayer

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
I listen to Galaxy sometimes became they play a good amount of tracks. The presenters on the other hand are just terrible. I have toswitch stations when they talk.

rbj

Established Member
No one can be worse than Chris Moyles, How he got where he did I will never know. What a completely unfunny c**k

D

Deleted member 92943

+1 for Vernon Kay. Cant stand him and even on Family Fortunes he is full of himself :mad:

guest5234

Established Member
Richard Bacon is a fantastic presenter. I am a fan of his Saturday 3pm slot on 6Music as well. If I miss it I make a point of streaming on iPlayer

You honestly like him :confused: why? he just comes across as a buffon, he sounds like he has had a charisma-bypass and he justs cuts in across any of his guests or people who phone in on his show, I bet he was a horrible brat as a kid.

Wild Weasel

Distinguished Member
I'm not a fan. Richard Bacon's only competition for the title of Captain Lightweight is Tim Lovejoy. You can see why the BBC like him though: druggie, shallow, vacuous, dippy liberal mindset, twitter obsessed etc. Yes, he ticks all the right boxes.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Please, don't be gushing in your praise all at once!

Vitalija

Prominent Member
There are some vacuous dicks given prime slots while some of it's finest DJ's get the graveyard shifts, two of the best IMO are Alex Lester & Janice Long.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Chris Evans for me.

"Hi - we have a guest on today - what did you do?"
"Well I went to a forumula one race and...."
"Ooh ooh - I did that once only ten times better and with all these celebs and Jenson Button gave me a private tour and me me me me me me me me me me me me me meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Sorry time's up - who's next"

:facepalm:

RIP Terry Wogan :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom