omg is that distortion I hear !!!! (funny)

F

FaB*Bo*Peep

Hi all,

You can imagine my horror when I sat down to watch Matrix reloaded and I started to hear speaker distortion with even the slightest hint of bass. Anyway at 1st I thought the soundtrack was too load for my rear speakers so I turned the amp down a bit but still distortion :eek: Finally I checked the sub and found the problem - a magazine had fallen in front of the driver and some pages were vibrating around like crazy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL that's funny. You make me laugh. :) That is another verification of the theory of the furnishings and weird sound or smooth sound when you are listening hometeather. :p

That's a good reason for buying a downward firing sub :D

I've got to find a way of stopping the grill on my gas fire from vibrating !

eviljohn2 said:
I've had a similar experience with a plastic bag (with biscuits in) in front of my subs. :)

crumbs! :D

What's a BFD? (BIG FRIENDLY DRIVER?)

as john says its a behringer feedback destroyer, it is a high qulaity parametric equaliser which allows you to take out the specific frequency which causes resonance with the object that's bugging you. Example - I found that at certain moments my front door rattles, using test tones you can isolate this to a specific frequency and then use the BFD to reduce output at only that frequency, leaving everything else untouched, rattle gone.

The other big use for them is getting a flatter frequency response from your sub, to even out the natural peaks and troughs caused by the shape of your room and the stuff in it.

They cost about £90.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom