• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

OMG I love the interweb for nostalgia !

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
It brings a tear to my eye to see the banded Group B cars relegated to such a sport now, but damn! It was fun then.:)

Russell

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I was too young at the time to be proper in to it but I remember watching it back then. You can still see the massive speed difference just from that one clip. Those things were impressive.

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
I was too young at the time to be proper in to it but I remember watching it back then. You can still see the massive speed difference just from that one clip. Those things were impressive.

I was totally addicted, I followed the group Bs around wales and most of my memorys where of 3 hours of shivering followed by 3 seconds of VROOOOOOM

Rallycross which i followed just about every race for years with those cars was just the best motorsport i ever saw, loads of short mentally fast races with more action in one race than 10 years of F1. Best of all over the day you get races of all the ability groups so over the years you can watch people progress rather than just turning up "hi im a new F1 driver" and i loved the way there was a spare spot in the final race for the overall winner of the "I still have a brain class of car" :)

funkyspider

Completely agree. Group B and rallycross were where the action was.

It was a shame it got banned, although it had become ludicrously dangerous. You can't put an engine that powerful in a car which weighs no more than a robin reliant.

Ford motorsport came out of it particularly badly as they had only just developed the RS200 when the ban came into force. The RS200, even though not particularly successful was amazing esp at night in the cold with full light pod illuminated spitting flames out of the exhaust whilst the drivers left foot braked it to avoid the turbo lag.

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
Completely agree. Group B and rallycross were where the action was.

It was a shame it got banned, although it had become ludicrously dangerous. You can't put an engine that powerful in a car which weighs no more than a robin reliant.

Ford motorsport came out of it particularly badly as they had only just developed the RS200 when the ban came into force. The RS200, even though not particularly successful was amazing esp at night in the cold with full light pod illuminated spitting flames out of the exhaust whilst the drivers left foot braked it to avoid the turbo lag.

the RS200s went straight into rally sport and where brilliant against the metros

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom