Omega watch retailer

huntere

Hi guys
I'm back in UK shortly am looking to get an omega planet ocean As exchange rate is good. I'll be in the south east if anyone can recommend a good retailer with whom negotiation is possible. Also if they were members of the vat retail export scheme so I can get the vat back that would be even better.
Thanks

Rapid 17

Hi guys
I'm back in UK shortly am looking to get an omega planet ocean As exchange rate is good. I'll be in the south east if anyone can recommend a good retailer with whom negotiation is possible. Also if they were members of the vat retail export scheme so I can get the vat back that would be even better.
Thanks

You have pm.

Geoff.

mikes48

Distinguished Member
Bought my wife an Omega a couple of Christmases ago. Jeweller wouldn't give a discount - said they'd lose their "dealership" if they cut prices on Omega.

Took this with a pinch of salt - until they said I could have anything in the shop to 10% of the value of the watch - so I did. So if you're looking for negotiation, it may not go quite the way you had in mind. Or maybe they were BSing me?

huntere

Bought my wife an Omega a couple of Christmases ago. Jeweller wouldn't give a discount - said they'd lose their "dealership" if they cut prices on Omega.

Took this with a pinch of salt - until they said I could have anything in the shop to 10% of the value of the watch - so I did. So if you're looking for negotiation, it may not go quite the way you had in mind. Or maybe they were BSing me?

Thanks but I think maybe BSing you. I have been told no discounts but have also then been offered!

Dave Weystoner

Bought my Speedmaster Broad Arrow 5 or 6 years ago at Heathrow - can't remember the retailer. I got it less VAT of course, plus 20% off in a sale. Worth a look if you're flying back out and you've yet to make a purchase.

Dave

Inked

Distinguished Member
I've only ever managed to get 10% off of my watches, it's definitely a bit hit and miss with whether you get offered anything at all, also dependant on the model of watch as if it's something they know they can shift quickly they are less likely to discount.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom