Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Good camera?

brad123

Seen the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II with a lense deal and it works well with a DJI Ronin Gimbal, is this a good camera?

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Certainly is. Given most cameras are “good” this is a really nice camera that takes excellent shots. I like all the Olympus range mind you.

AMc

Distinguished Member
The E-M1 ii is a great camera. It uses the Micro 4/3rds mount so you can use Olympus lenses + Panasonic M43 and some other 3rd party manufacturers.

FWIW Olympus Micro 4/3rds are well thought of as stills cameras. Many people prefer the Panasonic Micro 4/3rds bodies for video.

John7

You won't like the autofocus on the Panny by all accounts. OK if you plan to manually focus tho....

John7

I use the Sony a7III for 4k video work and the AF, dynamic range and low light capability is the nutz!

John7

It's well know that Panasonic's AF is well below par for video (unless you like focus hunting). It's only what I've read, I have no experience.

brad123

Damn need one that ticks most boxes with this Gimbal, all except the power on state one which not fussed about. Will be more for videography.

And the GH5 ticked them all apart from one not fussed about see below.

snerkler

The EM1-II is one of the best cameras I've used (which has been a lot :blush:). However, I can't comment on video as I don't do video. It does have phase detect, but whether it uses that for video or just still I don't know.

[email protected]

I think youll be good with the EM1 II i used these on my Journey to Full Frame, and i still have my EM10 mk3 as some features Olympus do i love like Live composite etc.

John7

No, it's shoots 120 fps in 1080P. Max in 4K is 30 fps, with a 1.2 x crop and 24 fps (no crop).

The upcoming A7IV can shoot 60 FPS in 4K with a 1.5 x crop

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom