1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympus MJU300 stopped working

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by NigMos, Mar 8, 2005.

1. NigMos

NigMos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody help ? Our MJU300 will not turn on any more. Leds by the veiwfinder flash which indicates a battery fault. I have tried a new battery and external power supply but no change. As its 18 months old its now out of guarentee and Olympus want £88.00 to repair it. Has anybody else had the same problem or may know whats wrong.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Under the new consumer protection laws (in force for anything bought in the UK after 31 March 2003) you can have a rights to complain about faulty goods to the retailer for up to 6 years. There is however a caviate on it that the 6 years (5 years in Scotland) can be reduced based on what is a 'reasonable' life span for the item - this takes into account what the item is/ what price for it is.

Given that the current online price for the item is currently in the region of £130 you may have problems arguing a reasonable lifespan with the retailer but it is always worth a go.

3. fp944s2

fp944s2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I have the same problem with my MJU-300 - haven't yet contacted Olympus - did they say what was wrong with it....mine is less than two years old and I'm not happy !!