1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympus mju 410 and low light photos

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Shady, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Have been using this camera for some time now, but try as I might I cannot get any decent photos in low light.

What are the best settings to use, short of the night setting where you have to use a tripod as the shutter speed is slower - this is of course a little inconvenient if you are trying to take photos at a concert.

Any tips ?

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well for low light, you're going to need to an aperture of at least F2.8 for available light, and often lower for concerts. But i dont know what you can set your's to right now but i'll check for you later.

3. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi chaps

Just giving this thread another airing as I was going to post the question - and realised I had asked the same a year ago.

I was at the England game last night, and the good lady was taking photos of the team (or more particularly Lampard -well she had to do something in the second half bore-a-thon), and the old question of capturing good low light images came up again.

I can't see how with this camera (Olympus mju410), decent pictures can be taken in low light over more than a couple of feet.

You can take it with the flash on, which results in dark images, or turn the flash off, which results in a longer exposure, but of course movement and blurring.

Is there any good compromise (with this camera), or are we only going to get decent shots in broad daylight ?

Cheers