OLYMPUS E300KIT Digital Camera or Canon EOS 350D?

playthefilm

OLYMPUS E300KIT Digital Camera only £400 at dixons, which comes with 14-55mm and 40-150mm Olympus lenses.

Or the Canon EOS 350d?

Think it will be a while before I take the plunge but continuously weighing up what to go for.

The EOS 350d is pulling me as it comes higly rated on here, only thing being, purchasing an additional lense would add costs...

Would people recommend the Canon over the Olympus?

I'll probably ask plenty more questions too, so be prepared!!!

Thanks.

Bristol Pete

Its the 500 in Dixons.

Seems a good deal but do note that this only comes with disposable batteries, no lithium battery nor charger.

The official Olympus ones are around £160.00 combined, thus negating any deal. Also, would need to be ordered from most stockists, delaying your chance of getting to know your camera.

Pete.

senu

Distinguished Member
Some kind Person put
a comparison link on a previous post
Im sure youll find it useful.
You might even find yourself warming up to the Nikon D50:cool:
PS : I second that warning re batteries and charger saw that only 30 mins ago

Bristol Pete

Also, a couple of dealers I visited on foot remain convinced that Olympus will pull out of the DSLR market and focus on compact cameras and notably Jessops do not stock Olympus due to the ever changing lens set up. (apparently)

Finally, I choose my Canon 350D as I can pretty much go into any camera store in the world and by goods for my camera.

sorbiegunner

Standard Member
Captain Benefit said:
Also, a couple of dealers I visited on foot remain convinced that Olympus will pull out of the DSLR market and focus on compact cameras and notably Jessops do not stock Olympus due to the ever changing lens set up. (apparently)
These are two strange assumptions/reasons by the retailers.

Firstly the 4/3s system has cost a lot of money to develop and introduce and there are now 4 Oly bodies (2 of which have only been recently introduced),15 Oly 4/3s lenses and sigma have also introduced lenses for the system. None which really points to Olympus pulling out of the dSLR market.

Secondly 'the ever changing lens set up'. that will be the OM mount system that was introduced in 1972 and was only replaced by the 4/3s system (which has an adapter to allow the continued use of OM lenses) in 2002 when the OM4T was finally withdrawn. Talk about change for change sake no wonder Jessops are fed up. Canon have changed their mounts many more times than that.

Bristol Pete

These are two strange assumptions/reasons by the retailers.

Firstly the 4/3s system has cost a lot of money to develop and introduce and there are now 4 Oly bodies (2 of which have only been recently introduced),15 Oly 4/3s lenses and sigma have also introduced lenses for the system. None which really points to Olympus pulling out of the dSLR market.

Secondly 'the ever changing lens set up'. that will be the OM mount system that was introduced in 1972 and was only replaced by the 4/3s system (which has an adapter to allow the continued use of OM lenses) in 2002 when the OM4T was finally withdrawn. Talk about change for change sake no wonder Jessops are fed up. Canon have changed their mounts many more times than that.

Yeah, fair comment and I realised that after I saw the Sigma announcement online late last week.
To be honest as a consumer with very little knowledge I just listened to both opinions which steered me towards my 350D though the Olympus was very very tempting.

Pete.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
I have just bought a 350D after getting lots of advice from here, I had a Canon SLR a few years ago so I was happy that they are producing top digital SLR's.
I haven't got it yet, but the picture I have seen taken with it are far superior than my Fuji 6900z and even my old 1000FN.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom