1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

olympus c-350 zoom

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by chubbs2001, Nov 24, 2003.

1. chubbs2001

chubbs2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have anyone had a problem regarding batteries with this camera .I took it on holiday and snapped away everything seemed to be ok ,i was using a 128 x card and when ive come to download ive only got 30 photos from 160 ?.
    The camera is always telling me the batteries even when they are new ?:confused:

2. cruncher75

cruncher75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    i have this camera i had no probs so far

3. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this camera a couple of months ago and have had no problems although it does eat the batteries. I think they all do so its worth getting a recharge pack and batteries.

4. chubbs2001

chubbs2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i already use rechargeable batteries but i keep on gettting the battery lights flashing some i bought a good battery and got the same result .
    I think i will use it up to xmas then send it back !.

5. dukebox_1st

dukebox_1st
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm considering buying this camera in the run up to xmas but have yet to see any "offical" reviews only user reviews which have been very positive but without sample photos.

wht have been your experances with the camera, with the exception of this problem ure experiancing at the moment? have you got any sample picture i could see? at the moment i am considering the Oylmpus C350zoom and the sony psc-52.

thanks

tom

btw you can either post links to the photos if they are already online or if not e-mail them to dukebox_1st@hotmail.com, much appreciated

6. dtsrules

dtsrules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The new version of this, the c450 is on offer for £199 at pc world and dixons.

Just bought one with a 128 meg card for £239.88, plus a 64 meg card, olympus case, and a charger with 2 batteries for an extra £40 which isn't to shabby.

7. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    You can get the 350 zoom from dixons web site for £152 at the moment. I havent used one I only know this as my girlfriend is getting one for her cribo pressie.

8. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    i bought the c350 from dixons for £200, includeing the 64mb card, carry case and recharger and 2 ni-mh batteries.

This camera absolutly destroys normal batteries, having gone through 2 pairs of Duracell Ultra M3 AA's in 2 days. It's a known problem however, olypmus have actually said that alkaline batterys (such as the duracell's) are only to be used as a short-term answer, as the camera is designed for hi capacity ni-mh batteries.

As for the picture quailty, its pretty damn good. Certainly good enough for a £200 camera. I'm in no way a professional photographer, after all this is my first real camera, but here's a sample pic anyway:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]