1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympus C-310

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mevetts, Jan 11, 2005.

1. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I am after a starter digital camera and this one seems to fit the bill. Under £100 and I'm only going to be storing the pictures electronically so the MP count should be fine. However, just wanted to know -

1. It takes an xD memory card. Are there different types of memory card and where is the best place to buy memory cards?

2. A number of reviews say the camera eats batteries. I would want to get some rechargables, but are there 'better' rechargables i.e. they last a lot longer, than others. Again where is the best place to buy?

Many thanks,

Mark.

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,198
    This at Steve’s Digicams should answer your question on memory cards.
    I have no experience with this particular camera but I can see why they say it “eats batteries” as it only uses 2 AA, personally I’d go for something that uses 4AA but leaving that to one side, go for good quality Ni-MH rechargeable batteries 2300 mAH and higher.

Oh and you'll need a good charger, ie fast 30mins to an hour for a full charge.

Loads of places Online personally I use places like pic-stop.

3. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Si,

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Mark.