Olympus 765/770 Any Good?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Garrett, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,020
    I have just been in to a dealers this morning and had a look at some digital cameras and as I wanted something to take me up to round 200mm zoom yet fairly compact I was shown a Fuji 3000 which was just that too big, a Olympus 725 and 765 which the latter I realy liked.

I looked at Steve’s DigiCam, Megapixel reviews on it and they do not seem too bad I do not know if to pay the extra for the 770 to get a better movie mode 128MB of memory, remote control and has a hot shoe.

Do either have faults I should know about or has anyone got one and can recommend either one to me.

2. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I own a 750, and find the focus annoyingly slow. You've got pretty much no hope of focusing in low light conditions. Shots are fantastic, but no good for catching non-staged moments.

Don't know if the models you mention resolve these issues, but I wouldn't buy another camera from Olympus in this class again.