Olympics Rowing - What/where is general admission?

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Ok I like many applied for a small fortunes worth of Olympic tickets. If they had all come in then I would have been delighted and so would my credit card company.

In each sport/day category I put a price limit on of upto £120 except the latter athletics finals and opening/closing ceremony days where I put a higher limit .

All I got was 2 £30 tickets for Rowing on 3rd August. Well Ok so I book a nearby hotel for the night before and Park and Ride tickets.

I now get the tickets that state these are general admission for "standing areas only":eek:

Whist I did not expect to to be anywhere near tjhe start or finish I expected a seat at least.

Furthermore I cannot find where on the course these "standing only areas are located in relation to the course? I do not want to be admitted only to be able to watch the races on a large screen display - I've got one at home!

TBH I am disapponted as both of us are "Senior Citizens" and not very tall. Standing for 3 hours will at the least be an endurance for us and this will be at the risk of seeing nothing.

The whole excursion - Tickets/car park/Hotel/ Meals out/petrol will cost us well over £300 - is it worth it?

If anyone can provide a link/details as to the seating/viewing layout at Eton Dorney I would be grateful.

TIA

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom