Olympics opening ceremony.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope its shown again in 3D had my deaf mate watching it with me so only got to see a bit in 3D :( what I did see was stunning though. Danny Boyle and all involved did a great job.

There are highlights on sky 3d at 8.30 am. Only for half an hour though!!

Don't have Sky, maybe it'll be on the iplayer. May sound silly but Id buy it on bluray really enjoyed it and the 3D I did see looked great.

I was very impressed with the 3D in it..

Does anyone know if they plan to launch a 3D Bluray?

3D coverage was nice, although audio feed was a bit dodgy. Sometimes you could hear what I presume was the producers talking over radios

rafster said:
Does anyone know if they plan to launch a 3D Bluray?

3D coverage was nice, although audio feed was a bit dodgy. Sometimes you could hear what I presume was the producers talking over radios

I'd buy it if they do. Thought it was great (only lost some pace with the athlete procession but it was great to see so many excited faces!) and the 3D was terrific!

I wondered whether the other voices were other presenting teams? Was a shame we could hear them but thought the rest of the soundtrack to he ceremony was fab!

I loved what little bit i got to see :).
Shame the new tv with active glasses gives the mrs a headache so had to switch back to 2d after 20mins, i was sitting there thinking of ways i could get rid of her hahahahaha

Shame the new tv with active glasses gives the mrs a headache so had to switch back to 2d after 20mins, i was sitting there thinking of ways i could get rid of her hahahahaha

:laugh::smashin:^^^^

I don't know why but Iwasn't expecting it to be so good,I think its about the best I've seen,China did a great job but it was just an exercise in resources last night really showed our engineering talent, creativity and that we have some of the best effects talent in the world.Hard to explain it but really felt like they got our character over, the humour was great and the dancing exceptional, they did a he'll of a job with all those people.

Only tiny gripe was they didn't get over the diversity of London or the UK so well though I may have just missed it as there was so much going on.

Having so many kids was great too they really put a smile on my face and the energy throughout was amazing...so many things I liked I could spend the whole day typing.

The 3D was the icing on the cake for me I really hope the bring out a bluray if they don't I think we should all petition the BBC.

Oh and the ET bit with the flying bike, the back wheel nearly hit me in the face lol.

Thought you'd hung onto your old LD920 Mocca :confused:

Watched it from start to end and looked great.

Only criticism I could make was I thought some of the song choices were very suspect - although the drums throughout sounded superb :)

Thought you'd hung onto your old LD920 Mocca :confused:

Watched it from start to end and looked great.

Only criticism I could make was I thought some of the song choices were very suspect - although the drums throughout sounded superb :)

Those drummers arms must be killing them after all that drumming:eek:they and all the people involved did us proud....shame her majesty let the side down at one point but then she did show her humour doing the bond thing and she is getting on a bit.

Those drummers arms must be killing them after all that drumming:eek:they and all the people involved did us proud....shame her majesty let the side down at one point but then she did show her humour doing the bond thing and she is getting on a bit.
Very true :smashin:

Watched it live until 1am in 3d. For me, the opening is really good (the farm and the industrial revolution) but after that everything went downhill. I didn't enjoy the NHS number, the love story of two youths, and the Paul McCarty ending. Mr Bean was okay but its not something fit for the Olympics. Performances needs more polish and most numbers require close inspection unlike the Beijing opening which is more grand and more spectacular. The cauldron is great by the way. Maybe it's the budget or maybe it's the high expectations, but I wasn't impressed much. Just my opinion, hope they do better for the closing ceremony :)

I didn’t enjoy the NHS number, the love story of two youths, and the Paul McCarty ending. Mr Bean was okay but its not something fit for the Olympics. Performances needs more polish and most numbers require close inspection unlike the Beijing opening which is more grand and more spectacular.
I thought it truly outclassed Beijing (for content) but agree the ending was a bit of a let down What on earth has "Hey jude" got to do with the Olympics :rolleyes: I'd have thought "All you need is love" (fully orchestrated of course) would have been a far better choice :)

Hmmm....I must be in the minority here. Highlights for me were the Bond/Queen segment, the Chariot of Fire segment, the 7/7 dancers and the torch entrance/flame lighting. The fireworks were amazing, and the athletes parade was great to see and hear (but way too long). The rest was absolutely dire IMO.

3D-wise it was good, but I switched to 2D for the parade. There's only so much 3D wow factor to be had from people walking into a stadium. :)

Interestingly it seems that the 3D coverage didn't suffer from the same sound problem as the 2D feed which has people accusing Paul McCartney of lip synching as their were 2 out of synch sound tracks playing at the same time. I think they just had both the stadium and stage feeds mixed together, whereas it was fine on 3D

I loved it. Yes Beijing was great but this was great as well. No need to try and outdo Beijing; what Danny Boyle did was do something different and for that I have to say makes it one of the best I've seen!!! I love the way he used the industrial revolution and then went onto what Britain is today by the use if social media! I see a certain MP was not impressed and posted a tweet but I absolutely loved it!!! :)

Is there any legal way of watching it now online in 3D somewere ?

Is there any legal way of watching it now online in 3D somewere ?

Don't know about online, but it is on Sky Anytime now for Sky subscribers that missed it last night.

Did anyone else find the most annoying thing to be Colin "verbal diahorrea" Jackson's constant talking over things? Someone at the BBC really should tell him that less is more when it comes to TV commentaries!
The spectacle was amazing in 3D, 10/10 to all concerned with its planning and execution.

Did anyone else find the most annoying thing to be Colin "verbal diahorrea" Jackson's constant talking over things? Someone at the BBC really should tell him that less is more when it comes to TV commentaries!
The spectacle was amazing in 3D, 10/10 to all concerned with its planning and execution.

Yes I did. I had to turn up the volume to hear what was said in the show, then turn it down again when he started.
But I thought the show was absolutely brilliant.
Well done and thanks to all who took part.

I did record it all;) but could only stand watching it for the first half an hour or so.
People actually liked all that banging on buckets, and Evelyn Glennie who's usually good making a fool of herself as well as a lot more noise?:confused:
The voiceovers were ridiculous, either inaudible or garrulous, and what R Atkinson and P McCartney had to do with anything only the producers' strange minds can tell.
Some UK - please, not GB - nationalists may have liked it but the rest of the world must be bemused.

Watched it on Euro Sport 3D until their coverage crashed. Took about 20 minutes to return. Switched to BBC HD/3D for rest of programme and really enjoyed it. If you think Colin Jackson was bad you should have heard the guy on Euro Sport. He droned on and on instead of letting the pictures speak for themselves where appropriate. The best commentators are those who know when silence, even on radio, can be golden.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom