Olympics again - where to view in 3D?

B

Blue Ray

Silly question but I see everyone seems to be enjoying the Olympics in 3D ...except for me! I've looked through the 20+ Freesat HD channels & also the Freeview channels but no mention of 3D anywhere. I've also tried iPlayer but couldn't find anything 3D related.

How do I find out what is being shown in 3D as it's not showing up in any of my systems guides (inbuilt Freesat & Freeview Panasonic VT30).

Hopefully not too stupid a question & I think I'll only be able to appreciate the finer technical details & tactics of beach volleyball if it's in 3D ;) :laugh:

The highlights programme on BBC HD at 23:00 everynight is in 3D

Sky/Eurosport are showing 12 hrs of 3D every day though.

The 100mtrs will be live in 3D on BBC HD though.

Last edited:
FYI there is some beach volleyball in tonight's highlights....

Thanks for the info, I've set it record tonight :) If they (BBC) are recording in 3D I wonder why they aren't broadcasting some live 3D. I doubt all 24 I think it is, BBC HD Olympic Freesat channels will be being used at once, would be nice to see some live in 3D on one of them. I couldnt find any 3D on iPlayer either.

Cheers for the heads up :)

everyone seems to be enjoying the Olympics in 3D
How do I find out what is being shown in 3D
I'm not included in everyone - I avoid everything about it like the plague.
The information that the BBC HD channel - not BBC1 HD - carried the opening ceremony in 3D and will carry a one-hour summary each evening at 11pm as well as a running race and the closing ceremony, is all over the media and not least on several AVF forums - all of which you can therefore see on FS and on FV - and that Eurosport have it all day on the Sky 3D channel which is currently available to anyone with any Sky HD subscription.

Thanks for the info, I've set it record tonight :) If they (BBC) are recording in 3D I wonder why they aren't broadcasting some live 3D.

The highlights package is made by the host broadcaster OBS and is apparently the same one that Eurosport are using.

The highlights package is made by the host broadcaster OBS and is apparently the same one that Eurosport are using.

Yes it is absolutely identical. Even the commentary which doesn't use BBC commentators.

It is also repeated in the mornings btw.

I'm not included in everyone - I avoid everything about it like the plague.
The information that the BBC HD channel - not BBC1 HD - carried the opening ceremony in 3D and will carry a one-hour summary each evening at 11pm as well as a running race and the closing ceremony, is all over the media and not least on several AVF forums - all of which you can therefore see on FS and on FV - and that Eurosport have it all day on the Sky 3D channel which is currently available to anyone with any Sky HD subscription.

Thanks logiciel...I thought I was the only one! Apparently world-wide only 7% are watching so I guess we are not alone.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom