Oliver! 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Ace Of Wands

Can’t wait for this to be released as a stand alone 4K :thumbsup:

chaz

I would give it 12 and I do not like Musicals expect this one because it has Ron Moody & Ollie Reed in it P.S. I used to go in the same pub as Ollie did You never refused a drink from him :nono: :beer::beer: I can tell you Boy could that Man Drink:eek:

Zombie Twin

My Missus is a huge fan of the film, but always notes that the Oom-Pah-Pah distraction goes on for too long.

Nilanth

Ashamed to say I have never seen this. But very nu h looking forward to watching it. Would it be suitable for 6 year old?

Vid

Ashamed to say I have never seen this. But very nu h looking forward to watching it. Would it be suitable for 6 year old?

Sure what's a little bit of
prostitution, theft and murder
gonna hurt LOL. To be fair I toyed with that question and decided against it.

keithwiggins

Zombie Twin

Some worrying people would argue that this adaptation misses out the erotic/vicious beatings. 😲

Unsurprisingly, they were in the Polanski version...

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
I don't really like musicals but this was is special...the story and the songs are fantastic. That's 2 out of the set I won't mind owning. But im guessing no individual releases at all. Don't think any from set 1 came out either

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I don't really like musicals but this was is special...the story and the songs are fantastic. That's 2 out of the set I won't mind owning. But im guessing no individual releases at all. Don't think any from set 1 came out either
Yup same here regarding musicals but I've always loved this one and the casting is fantastic. It really is quite spectacular in its larger than life feel .

gambit6

I suspect Lawrence of Arabia from set 1 will be released independently next year to coincide with it's 60th anniversary. I hope they do. Blu-Ray.com said the picture-quality is reference level

4K UHD Fan

Fantastic musical one of the top 3 ever made. Good to know its ok on 4K. Shame on Sony for holding it back like LOTA though!!

In US they are having big issues with replication capacity now physical is making a comeback!

FevreDream

This is never off TV! Every Christmas Day on Channel 5 for years, and on GREAT! Movies Classic regularly throughout the year. 🙄

Nilanth

In that case I will wait till he is 7 🤣

gpt

How does a film that scores 9 for movie, 10 for picture, 9 for sound and 8 for extras - Average out to an overall 10??. Ignoring my personal belief that I think 10's are awarded far too easily (particularly for picture! - As you can guarantee someone will say "its the best the film has ever looked" - This does not make it a 10!) - Seeing scores like this for me completely undermines other reviews and makes things less trustworthy, it brings the entire review system down

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom