OLEDs and small children

Terry D

Standard Member
Reaction score
I want to buy an OLED but my 3 grandchildren (4, nearly 3 and 1yr old) like to put their grubby mits on the screen of my current Panny Plasma. Is it too risky getting an OLED with young children that are likely to touch the screen regularly?

I'm not an expert, but I doubt the anti-reflection layers on OLEDs are any different to LCDs.

Land mines, deep trenches and barbed wire will do the trick!;)

Ha, ha, I’ve been in your position and if I were you I’d be worrying more about flying objects than finger prints :)

Land mines, deep trenches and barbed wire will do the trick!;)

You don't want to build a trench in your lounge, make sure you only ever visit them. If they do come knocking " Alexa all lights off" works well as you hide behind the sofa.

If your TV is in a bedroom with a door then just
I want to buy an OLED but my 3 grandchildren (4, nearly 3 and 1yr old) like to put their grubby mits on the screen of my current Panny Plasma. Is it too risky getting an OLED with young children that are likely to touch the screen regularly?

OP,

If you got the space and ££ why not try LG's roll able OLED that will be launched sometime this year? You could hide the screen when naughty kids are around and roll it up when they are gone. :)

Quite the reverse, really - because OLED is mounted onto a glass front it's probably better around kids than the soft screen that goes all rainbow when you poke it on LCD models.

It's one reason why I took so long to upgrade from my old Gorilla Glass-based Sony NX.

Stick it on the wall..

Thanks for the comments. I was hoping for more thoughts on damage by grubby fingers. Is it something to be really worried about?

Deffo be on guard!

Think it best you mount it on a wall if possible

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom