OLED77C2PUA questions

lannywalker

Novice Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions concerning my new LG OLED77C2PUA.

My setup is - OLED77C2PUA
Apple TV 4K
Pioneer VSX-830-K 5.2-Channel AV Receiver

Apple TV 4K is plugged into HDMI.
Pioneer is plugged into ARC HDMI. Since this is a 7 year old receiver I was pretty sure it didn't support Dolby Vision so I didn't run the Apple TV through the receiver.

I use my Apple TV 4K remote to control everything and it works very nicely. CEC is functioning as intended. Apple TV 4K remote powers on and powers off all devices. Apple TV 4K remote volume buttons increase and decrease volume as expected. However, I am not seeing a volume indicator on the TV with this configuration. If I switch the TV input to the Pioneer Receiver I do see a "receiver" volume indicator, but obviously there is no Apple TV video. I have researched this issue on the internet and see some others with the same problem. Any suggestions here? Do I need to pony up the money for a new receiver that I can plug my Apple TV 4K into and pass through the video to the TV?

I have one other question I have concerns the Standby light. I am aware that you can disable the Standby light in the settings. But I'm wondering why initially the Standby light would turn "red" when I powered off all my devices. Now it seems to be staying "white." It appears that all devices have powered off, but the Standby light continues to stay "white" instead of turning "red" like it did the first few times I powered everything off.

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom