OLED65G16LA Sound Issue

Etan86

Novice Member
Reaction score
I was watching a music video on YouTube the other day when I noticed the sound quality dip rather drastically mid-song. The only way I can describe it, is that the audio became quieter and a little ‘muffled’ sounding. The TV’s audio is usually set to ‘Music’ mode, which generally offers a rich, warm soundscape with deep bass and clear dialogue. I tried fiddling with the other pre-sets and noticed that they, too, sounded different than usual. The ‘AI Sound Pro’ for instance, now sounds rather flat and tinny, which it didn’t previously.

I am now having to have the volume up quite high - around the 30-40 mark - to be able to hear dialogue clearly while watching certain TV programmes. Previously I was able to have it at 15-20 with no issues, as I found the sound quality of this TV to be excellent: I do not have a surround system, so I just rely on the internal speakers.

I have tested the sound across different platforms - Netflix, YouTube, normal TV - and the issue seems to be consistently present. The thing is, it probably wouldn’t be noticeable to the average listening ear - it’s only because I’ve become very attuned to the sound quality of this TV since purchasing it (less than a month ago), and because the issue occurred during playback of a song, that I am able to notice it and be annoyed by it.

It’s probably worth mentioning that I’d turned the volume above 55 (perhaps for the first time ever) whilst watching the YouTube vid, and this is when the issue occurred. It’s almost as though turning it to a high volume has caused some type of glitch in the speakers. I’ve been through all the requisite sound tests that are built into the TV but, alas, nothing seems to have made a difference. The sound has gone from being rich and clear to dull and muted, almost like watching TV with earplugs in! That’s the only way I can think to describe it.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be? I am unable to ask for a replacement from the company I bought it from as I’ve gotten rid of all the packaging that it came with.

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom