OLED65CCV power cable

Nick Siminson

Novice Member
Hi my name is Nick and I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I get this in the wrong place.

I have a LG webOS TV OLED65C7V which I brought from Curries PC world in Dec 2017, it has a black line going down the screen from top to bottom in the centre. I have called the warranty department and they are going to collect it for repair.
My problem is that I replaced the power cable to allow it to be wall mounted…when an engineer called last year to do a repair under LG warranty ( power surely board I think) he mentioned my alteration to the power cable could invalidate my warranty but he was an independent engineer who was not worried.

So has anyone got a photo of the original power cable so I can try and change it back before it is collected this Saturday please?
Or am I worrying about nothing?

Any help much appreciated.

Nick

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You may be worrying about nothing but it all depends on how much of a “jobsworth” the engineer is.
Didn't you keep/set aside the power cable in case this situation arises?

Nick Siminson

Novice Member
Thanks Jay, I normally don’t throw anything away ( according to the wife!) but just wanted a photo of the original cable as I think I might have just replaced the plug.

tigertimtim

Lg themselves sell a replacement power cable for about £25 or at least they did last year when i looked, i changed mine with some Belden power cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom